Steven L

MOC Custom motorcycle in LDD

It's been a while since I've posted here. I've recently re-discovered Lego Digital Designer and this is my new creation.

It is not build for turning it into a real working model, but more as a 3d digital design. I know the colors are not all represented in real life, but I went for looks rather than functionallity.

bike_tri_engine1_by_steven6773-d846u47.png

bike_tri_engine2_by_steven6773-d846u45.png

bike_tri_engine3_by_steven6773-d846u40.png

Two things I can't seem to pull off is a suitable brick (or combination of bricks) to make fenders. Same goes for the exhaust. I've used the standard exhaust bricks, but I want something flexible, like the tube curves and tube with nob #71076 and #71075. But I can't seem to find a brick that can connect two curves together. Only a lamp holder #4081. But that has a 1x1 plate attached. Does anyone have an idea how to connect two tube curves?

I've added the LXF if someone wants to take a closer look.

bike tri-engine.lxf

What a mechanical beauty! Wish Lego would make white tyres! I like the brake lines you used, they really add detail to the model. Maybe you can add more details like brake discs and calippers and springs (worm gears or robbed hose).

Thanks Zblj. I could add a brake disk at the front. I have one bush of room for it. The rear tire doesn't have room for an additional disk.

I did find an alternative for the exhaust, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. I could use connecting links #6101.

The cyclindric shape bricks with two lips one one end and three on the other end. Downside is that it's only bendable in 2 directions.

I haven't altered the exhausts, because I'm still looking for a better alternative.

What I have been working with is a sidecart. If I get the design the way I want, I will post a pic here.

I like this custom bobber. It reminds me of maybe a BSA or Triumph. I hope you keep tweaking the design as it looks like a really good model so far. :thumbup:

It's been a while since I've posted here on Eurobricks. No matter with what mindset I start a LDD-model, I almost always end up making motorcycles.

Here is another one. Again, not using the real color bricks. Just for looks.

ldd_bike_01_by_steven6773-d8zdj9b.png

ldd_bike_02_by_steven6773-d8zdj9l.png

ldd_bike_03_by_steven6773-d8zdj9v.png

ldd_bike_04_by_steven6773-d8zdj9z.png

Edited by Steven L