Sign in to follow this  
Courleciel

modification for the Mach 6 (Speed Racer: 8161)

Hello,

Have you some idea to change the Mach 6 (Speed's car in white). I search espacially to put the headlights rear (in red, three on each side). Some pictures here:

1- in reality

Mach_6.200871181830.jpg

Mach_6_2.200871181914.jpg

2- in LEGO

Le_Grand_Prix_2.20087118207.jpg

So, how add this 6(in total) headlights rear ?

I leave you to judge ! :wink:

I'd either use some SNOT techniques or make a custom decal.

Have you a picture or an exemple please ? :classic:

I tought especially at Brainbox, who has done the custom of the Mach 5.

Sorry, I've been busy.

First of all, before you start any MODing, find as many (and I mean as many) reference pictures as you can. There are a few here, but try and find some others as well. Get lots of pictures from different angles as well, to make sure you see the Mach 6 from every angle.

Try and decide which bits actually need changing. Looking at the pictures, I'd say aspects of the front need doing, and the spoiler needs smoothing out. The sides maybe need a bit of work as well. And Speed could probably do with being sat a little lower in the car, like I did with the Mach 5.

Don't put the stickers on when you get the model. That way, you're not restricted by them when MODing.

For the spoiler, maybe try using these and these. Or you could possibly try this, maybe in conjunction with the two aforementioned. As for the headlights at the back, I'm not sure. The Mach 5 only had one light at each side, so that wasn't a problem for me. I'd imagine it would look okay with just the one light on each side. AgentRick said a decal. You could use that. I mean, custom decals aren't to my taste, but I suppose it's no different to using the official stickers. I can't think of any pieces that would suit this, but if I do, I'll be sure to post them.

Hope that helped. :classic:

I'm sorry, but what is a custom decal ? :sadnew:

A sticker that isn't an official one. I refuse to use them myself, but that's just me.

Ok thank you.

For the rear headlights, it's only with custom decal that I would add them.

But how make them...?

Ok thank you.

For the rear headlights, it's only with custom decal that I would add them.

But how make them...?

You can try these:

rearlights_001.png

For the inverted angle roofs (hope I put in the right dimentions :look: ).

or these:

rearlights_002.png

Normal 1x1 brick size.

LuxorV

Thank you very much. They are fantastic. I will just reduce the size. :wink:

When I'll have the Mach 6, I'll change it immediatelly and I'll make photos. :sweet:

Edited by Courleciel

Did you make them specially?

Yes, I think he make them specially. I hope that I use them quickly because I haven't the Mach 6 yet.

I hope that I use them quickly because I haven't the Mach 6 yet.

I'm almost tempted to buy it myself, just to have a go at MODing it. :laugh:

Yes, I did :wink:

Nice work then. :classic:

You should buy it. It's one of the cars the most famous with the Mach 5 and Racer X's street car. But why LEGO doesn't build the Mach 4 ? Someone have MOC it ? :look:

Nice work then. :classic:

Thanks :blush: . It just took 10 minutes, 5 of which spent to figure out the right dimensions and shape for the inverted angle roofs :laugh:

LuxorV

You should buy it. It's one of the cars the most famous with the Mach 5 and Racer X's street car.

I would, but £35... it's a lot in a year when I can barely afford the all the stuff I'm definitely getting.

It just took 10 minutes, 5 of which spent to figure out the right dimensions and shape for the inverted angle roofs :laugh:

Show off. :wink:

About Racer X's cars. Someone have done a MOC of his car (not the street car who have two place) ??? It's the car who he use at Fuji.

About Racer X's cars. Someone have done a MOC of his car (not the street car who have two place) ??? It's the car who he use at Fuji.

Do you mean this one? Or the Shooting Star we already have?

I don't know about the windshield.A larger scale maybe? :hmpf_bad:

Or perhaps some trans cheese slopes?

Very nice decals, Luxor. You are the only person other than Imperialshadows who can whip up great decals like that on the spot.

Very nice decals, Luxor. You are the only person other than Imperialshadows who can whip up great decals like that on the spot.

Thanks, Norrington :blush:

I've recently seen your works in the Great Pirate Torso Library, and I must say you're a great designer, too :thumbup:

Back on topic: I have never seen a MOC od RacerX's Fuji car, but the more I see taht car, the more I like it :wub:

LuxorV

Thanks, Norrington :blush:

I've recently seen your works in the Great Pirate Torso Library, and I must say you're a great designer, too :thumbup:

Back on topic: I have never seen a MOC od RacerX's Fuji car, but the more I see taht car, the more I like it :wub:

LuxorV

Ok :classic:

For the stickers, thank you very very much. I'll have the Mach 6 (and the GRX of Royalton) wednesday I think, so I'll can change it this day. I'll do photos for you. :wink: