Hi all!

I have recently bought a Dino-Attack T-rex for an animation i'm planning on doing in the near future. It's such a beautiful and underrated model that i really want to do it justice onscreen.

However, my issue with the model is the articulation; with the legs, arms and head all being on exo-force style ratchet joints.

5842661689_cd54a06fa9_z.jpg

(NOT my image. Belongs to -R8- on Flickr. For demonstration purposes only)

Would anyone know a way to mod the creature so that the legs retain their strength but enable smoother motion? I'm considering sanding down the ratchets to a point where there is still friction but no places for the leg to 'snap' into. My only worry with this is that the friction will be lost and the legs will become loose.

Any suggestions? They would be much appreciated!

Many thanks :)

I Would not worry about the clicks. The whole lego movie embraces the lego movements. Try it with the clicks and see if you like the result before bastardising the fig.

I'm only think in purist solutions, but can't really think of a nice-looking way to solve this. Personally, I'd first try this one, but I suppose it's too obvious: 4526982.jpg

This topic belongs in the Customization forum, though. They will be able to help you out. :wink:

I Would not worry about the clicks. The whole lego movie embraces the lego movements. Try it with the clicks and see if you like the result before bastardising the fig.

I'm certainly going to give it a try first, but i have tried animating with similar joints before and they're incredibly jarring even by Lego Movie standards.

This topic belongs in the Customization forum, though. They will be able to help you out. :wink:

Oops, thanks! can i move the topic or should i just re-write it?

Oops, thanks! can i move the topic or should i just re-write it?

Only Moderators can move topics, so you could use the 'report' function (next to 'edit') and request the thread to be moved. Second option is to make a new thread in the customization forum. (Re-writing your topic to fit the content of this forum isn't going to help you. :wink:) Anyway, best of luck for your modification!