Dub

Need Tier Help with LDD

Hello there,

I just joined after I found this site and can't wait to dive in more. About 6 months ago, I told myself it would be great to have a program like Auto-CAD where you can design your own kits and order them and then I found LDD! That's pretty exciting.

I'm using LDD to build a vehicle. I have the chassis built and now I am going to add a flat floor piece to my chassis. The problem is that I can't find a way to raise the flat 6x6 piece off the floor to the level I want to put it onto the vehicle.

Has anyone run across this before and found a way to overcome it?

Thanks,

Dub

post-26613-13295197168.jpg

If you want to add it to the bottom of the chassis, rotate the camera so that you are looking at the model from underneath. If you want it on the top, rotate to look at the top. Also, I can't really tell, but it looks like your chassis might not be wide enough. The better option is to build the Technic bricks and floor first, then place the axles and tires.

Edited by zinfinion

If you want to add it to the bottom of the chassis, rotate the camera so that you are looking at the model from underneath. If you want it on the top, rotate to look at the top. Also, I can't really tell, but it looks like your chassis might not be wide enough. The better option is to build the Technic bricks and floor first, then place the axles and tires.

Thanks zinfinion. I was hoping I didn't have to do that, but it seems like I may have to go that route after all. Thanks!

Dub

I just joined after I found this site and can't wait to dive in more. About 6 months ago, I told myself it would be great to have a program like Auto-CAD where you can design your own kits and order them and then I found LDD! That's pretty exciting.

Hi, and welcome to the forum :classic:

Your chassis rails are not exactly 6 studs wide so the plate can't be placed.

Best to start again and put the chassis rails onto the plate before fitting the wheels and axles.

Cheers

Rog