Sign in to follow this  
glorygunners

Shops for Lego in Munich or Dresden

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and I am not sure whether this is the place to post this query. (if I am wrong, please place it correctly dear admin).

Anyways, in a couple of months, I am going to Munich and Dresden, may I ask which shops are great places to hunt for lego sets (preferably modular, castle, kingdom, creator series)

I know there are two official lego shops in Munich at Pasing Arcaden Einkaufszentrum and Reim Arcaden Einkaufszentrum. I would like to know whether there are any hidden gem of a shop that I am missing out on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Hello glorygunners,

in Dresden there is no official Lego Store. You have to evade to Leipzig. Alternatively, keep eye out for stores in Dresden, which are also active in bricklink, e.g. bricksy.de

In Munich, well, not really any "hidden gem" that I'd know of, but you might want to check out the Müller stores (drugstores with lots of other stuff), they usually have a few reduced sets (no exclusives, though), present in both Arcaden, and their larger toy store Obletter at Karlsplatz (Stachus), who often got some remaining stock at good prices.

The big department stores Karstadt and Kaufhof may have a few nice offers, but that's rather rare. But when you're near them anyway, it can't be wrong to take a quick look...

Thanks for the info guys,

Actually I will only be in Munich for one day. Arriving at 6am in the morning and leaving to catch the 9pm flight.

Any ideas which shop should I visit the Obletter at Karlsplatz (Stachus), Pasing Arcaden Einkaufszentrum or Reim Arcaden Einkaufszentrum?

Thanks again.

I'd say visit Obletter and one of the Arcaden that's easier/faster to reach - by train from the city center, that's Pasing; otherwise, check what fits your other plans best, Riem to airport might be a bit closer, for instance.

For anyone seeking LEGO and visiting the Munich area with access to transportation, visiting Legoland Gunzburg is well worth the trip. It will take a full day at least, but you would be traveling against rush hour traffic for the most part. The Factory/Brick Store is one of the best I have seen in the six Legoland Parks. If you have the time and a willing partner, it will be even more fun. And they have wonderful parts. At US parks, you can run in the store near the entrance for an hour or less and get a refund on your park admission. This would be hard at Gunburg if they do have the policy because the brick store is not near the entrance, so you would have to be a world class runner with a backpack.

Does anyone know if they have any discount passes to Gunzburg like the two for one Kellogg's cereal box offer at good at Windsor in the UK? This could be a huge incentive for someone visiting Munich and looking for LEGO.

OK,, thanks all.

Most probably I will just visit the Pasing Arcaden and the main store of Obletter as I have something to do also at Maxmillianstrasse

Sign in to follow this