Sign in to follow this  
62Bricks

Goatleg - A way to search for unlisted variants on Bricklink

I've put together the beginnings of a site that will let you search for part

variations within Bricklink sale listings for specific parts when they are specified in

the seller's comments.

Some of the features:

- Limit browsing results to include only listings that have comments

- Refine browsing results by some common variations (pip location, type of plastic,

logo style, etc.)

- Search comments in listings for a specific part

- For decorated parts, browse all decorated versions by part or limit to printed

or stickered parts.

Right now I just have some common 1x and 2x bricks available. Over the next few

days I'll be adding plates, special pieces and minifig parts.

Suggestions and feedback are appreciated.

http://goatleg.com

Several new pages up at goatleg now

- A tool to limit browsing for decorated parts by part type, size and decoration type (sticker or printed)

- A tool to identify minifig torso assemblies by the colors of the torso, arms and hands

- A tool to identify minifig torso patterns by common keywords

- Code to put a "browse by set inventory" search box on your own Bricklink splash page

Plus advanced search tools that let you search comments within listings for specific parts.

goatleg.com

Great website!! Just what I was looking for :classic: I have just bought 5 kg minifigs and they came with 1,1 kg loose heads, so I am set for evening work for the next few months :laugh:

I have a suggestion for the site:

1. Torso Assembly by Color: When choosing a color in the top drop-down menu, then limit the available colors in the second and third drop-down menu to actual possible combinations. So if I choose "Black" in the first drop-down box then limit the colors in the subsequent boxes to a color that actually goes with black torso color.

A few other suggestions:

1. Torso Assembly by Color: A "Reset"-button, next to the "Browse"-button to reset the the drop-down menu's.

2. Torso Assembly by Color: Perhaps consider to "group" the colors in the drop-down tables. So that the main color, e.g. "Green" is followed by "Olive green", "Sand green", "Bright green", Dark green" and so on. Believe this would speed up the search considerably. I very much like the "Common colors"-grouping, but please consider my suggestion under "All colors".

Sign in to follow this