Hey, I am having a couple problems with LPub. I'm new to all the LDraw programs, just installed it yesterday. I created a model, and ended up having to install the unofficial pieces to complete it. I've saved that model, but when I open it in LPub, those pieces show up as a small, solid rectangle.. leaving lots of empty space. (It is the mixel joint pieces) Also, the model isn't showing up in the main area- it shows up in the sidebar at the right of the screen, but the main page just has the page number and the box where the parts used in that step go (in the box it shows the correct # of pieces, only there are no pieces in the box.)

Thanks,

A_B

EDIT- As clarification, not all pieces are showing as rectangles, only the unofficial pieces, the Mixel joints.

Edited by A_Brick

Did you configure both LPub and its renderer (usually LDView) to use the unofficial library.

Also to prevent unofficial part problems you could also consider embediing them into the model file it self. The tool MPDCenter can be used for that.

Edited by roland

Ah, that is probably the problem- I don't think I did that.

Also, I really like LDCad- it is way better than LDD IMO. You've done a great job, thanks for providing an awesome tool to the LEGO Community!

Thanks.

I just realized LPub(3D) doesn't have an option to specify the unofficial library location, but I pretty sure it can be done somehow though.

Well, I got the pieces to show by changing the LDraw parts file location to include unofficial ones, and now the model does show up on the main instruction page, however the unofficial parts don't show in the 'part for this step' box. (They do show on the actual model)