Murdoch17

Adventurers - Sinister Submarine S-13 - Killer Whale - 4888 LDD MOC

Down periscope, prepare to fire torpedoes on my mark!

Help the evil Lord Sam Sinister stalk and sink his nemesis Johnny Thunder with the cutting edge submarine S-13, nicknamed the Killer Whale, by firing torpedoes and diving deep to avoid depth charges.*

30407892435_d5558aae8b_z.jpg

*Sub does not actually dive, fire torpedoes, or float on real water.

30407892185_2e73127a98_z.jpg

This sinister vessel comes with two propellers, a rudder, a ladder from deck level to the conning tower, and a periscope for seeing your enemies before they see you!

Remember: Run silent and Run deep!

30110770520_f543300839_z.jpg

The ship comes with detailed interior and removable roof. This is so you can plan Sam's next devious attack on Johnny in the war room, pilot the sub in the control area, or try to coax some extra speed out of the motor in the engine room. You can even watch the sea creatures go by with the massive windows in the side of the sub!

NOTES & LDD FILES:

27798361922_0d7edda6e4_z.jpg

Here is the LDD file for version 1 (above): http://www.moc-pages...1466873891m.lxf It is based heavily on set 4888 and the sub Nautilus from the 1950's movie version of "20,000 Leagues under the Sea".

This is version 3 of the sub's LDD file: submarine version two LDD file This model (v3) was more inspired by the modern subs from 1990's film "The Hunt for Red October" than the Nautilus, though it still retains the large porthole. It features an enlarged conning tower and revised engine room. I also moved the tower four studs closer to the front of the sub.

Both models are able to be built in real life.

Any thoughts, comments, and / or questions are always welcome!

Edited by Murdoch17

Blow all ballast tanks! Surface! Surface!

27958350242_6cc031cf51_z.jpg

(First post updated to include new pictures and revamped LDD file for version 2.)

Is this an original build?

I will say, it looks like a simplistic, yet huge set. I imagine this is what sets in this time period would look like if they costed around $100. It captures this era well.

Is this an original build?

I will say, it looks like a simplistic, yet huge set. I imagine this is what sets in this time period would look like if they costed around $100. It captures this era well.

I guess you mean is it someone else's design? If that is your question, than here's your answer: it's 100% my idea / design for this, but as I said, it was set 4888 that inspired me in the first place. Also, thanks for stopping by and commenting, I thought no one ever was going to!

I guess you mean is it someone else's design? If that is your question, than here's your answer: it's 100% my idea / design for this, but as I said, it was set 4888 that inspired me in the first place. Also, thanks for stopping by and commenting, I thought no one ever was going to!

Well, I meant if there was already an Adventurers set or another set from the Adventurers era that was similar to what you built. But it looks like the answer to that is no.

Ha, yeah, I know that feeling. No one commented on my first ever LDD build for a week :grin:

For some reason this reminds me of the submarine from the indiana jones films, I have to admit adventureers has to be my second faviroute theme at least

Well, I meant if there was already an Adventurers set or another set from the Adventurers era that was similar to what you built. But it looks like the answer to that is no.

Ha, yeah, I know that feeling. No one commented on my first ever LDD build for a week :grin:

It seems like I'm posting posts that no-one reads.... it's kinda depressing and sometimes makes me feel like stopping. However, I haven't stopped yet and have no intention of doing so, as i have too many ideas left to share to waste them with not posting. I could inspire somebody (and I have occasionally done this "inspiring" thing) that leads to a Lego builder emerging from the mists of their Dark Ages to build with ABS plastic once more!

For some reason this reminds me of the submarine from the indiana jones films, I have to admit adventureers has to be my second faviroute theme at least

Thanks! The Indiana Jones films are sort of the the reason for this model existing. I thought if his bad guys can have a sub, why not Lord Sam Sinister? That thought led me to set 4888, and eventually to this MOC.

Edited by Murdoch17

New sonar contact Captain, updated pictures and new LDD file for the S-13 class sub are preparing to download!

30407892435_d5558aae8b_z.jpg

Blow ballast tanks! Surface! Surface!