Sign in to follow this  
Doddsino

New to the site

Hey guys, obviously new here. I've lurked for quite some time, however I figured I should eventually register and maybe get some insight and such. I've been building and collecting Legos since I was 7 or 8 and am now 26. The era in which I enjoyed the most was between 1989-1998, and usually stuck to Pirates, Space and the Wild West, although I did get some Castle sets later on. Some of my favorites sets include; Deep Freeze Defender, Black Knight's Castle, Ft. Legoredo and Skull's Eye Schooner. Around 1998, I felt I had "outgrown" Legos and they began to change drastically from what I grew up with. For several years, I basically ignored all the new stuff Lego was doing until I saw their modular Cafe Corner. I was in love. Not only did it retain a certain classic look, but the building had a backside! I couldn't resist the urge and took up building again. Along with the modulars, I also picked up that enormous Millennium Falcon, although due to the size and weight, I sort of regret it. :tongue:

As of right now, I've been contemplating doing some customs work after seeing a few castles I've seen on here, as well as an awesome modular Cinema/Diner that I would love to duplicate (if Lego never releases anything like it). Anyways, I hope to have some fun on here and learn and such.

Welcome from a fellow noob. That MF is awesome but way out of my price range.

Brandon

Yeah, I bit the bullet on that and decided to get it while it was still in stock. I must have gotten it just as they were stopping production because I look online and find open sets going for $700+. I like the set and everything, but it just takes up a lot of desk space, it's quite heavy and it's extremely fragile. Eventually, I'm going to probably have to get rid of it since I don't have room for it or box it back up.