Xynthymr

[MOC] Captain Redbeard - upscaled minifig face mosaic

As a purely conceptual exercise, I decided to create a large, flat, mosaic-style representation of several classic LEGO minifig characters. One of the most iconic characters from LEGO history is Captain Redbeard, the infamous antagonist from the classic Pirates range from 1989

20316638592_e0dacd4594_z.jpg

The build is mainly 3 plates deep. The bottom tier is made up of entirely black plates to provide a base level to build on and to retain structural rigidity. The middle tier consists of predominantly yellow plates, with some black plates to outline the shape of the minifig head. The top tier consists of mostly flat orange elements to represent Captain Redbeard's eponymous ginger facial hair, as well as some black features for eye, mouth, and an eye-patch!

The whole mosaic measures 38x38 studs, and would make an excellent wall decoration, framed or otherwise

Edited by Xynthymr

That's an epic creation made of tiny pieces. But he needs his hat very much to be more recognizable.

By the way, I used the same technique to create Santa's face in LEGO Gallery. Hope, you like it - please tell me. And keep on creating!