Sign in to follow this  
skull

my whole decaling work so far

ok so this maybe against the rules to post an in sane amount of decals on 1 topic so they will be links going to brickshelfs sister site maj.com. i have been decaling for about 2 years now and in that time i have been free to maker whatever my heart desires, so hopefully i wan't get in trouble for this i saw no rules in the three times i read through the guidelines topic so here it is my colloctive decal collection so far!

agents

agents not finished

wild west

wild west repros

castle/fantasy

areth: a fantasy land of my own design also includes some decals already made but i reproduced by me hope that's ok

sci fi:

skull empire, ever dreamt of having an army? well heres mine :)

futuristic exo-armour and police forces are so cool

same as above exept more...policey

games:

gears of war

the cogs

RAAM

locust

halo

halo npcs

halo 3 marines and odst

mjolnir armour perms

halos predecessor

jade empire

jade empire main chars

mask ghost

mortal kombat

mortal kombat ninjas

main chars

main chars 2

2nd gen chars and shokans

adventure quest and dragonfable

warlic

XAN

sepulcurerobina

deathknight

artix

cysero

misc:

nightmare soul calibur

overlord arcane armour

marathon main char

licensed

iron man multiple armours

iron mand and villians

cylon centurion 2005?

clone trooper

blastwave

warhammer 40.000 varius

vader face

any way the large head decal is actually for the bike helmet also all of these are recolourable

and customiseable

hope you enjoy them.

Very nicely done. Though I don't think I'll ever use these, for other people they could come in quite handy. I especially like your first set of Iron Man decals and the Cylon! Good work! :thumbup:

Edited by Darth Legolas

^Have to agree wiht that sorry, I think they look to pixeled or something, I don't know how to describe it.

I recomend using paint net, it's a great program for making decals, I use it myself.

yeah they ere made using minifigsized templates that i made already and to be honest i prefer paint because of the simplicity of it. ive tried paint.net never really liked it.

There are some very good ideas here. :thumbup:

yeah they ere made using minifigsized templates that i made already and to be honest i prefer paint because of the simplicity of it.

I'm sure you've found it hard to fit more detail in at times because of the space you're working in, but it isn't really as complicated as you might think. The secret is in using a higher resolution and making sure the image is set to that when printing. The end result will be a much more detailed decal, but still the correct size.

Personally, I use 600dpi (dots per inch), which is about double the old common standard. This allows me to get a lot of detail but still draw exactly the same way you do, in pixels. When when it's printed, all of it shrinks down to the right size to produce a smooth looking decal, and it can easily be recoloured.

600dpi_torso.png_thumb.jpg

Blank Torso Template (Click for full size)

hothtrooper_white_fle.png_thumb.jpg

Sample Torso (Clickity Click)

luke_hoth.jpg

Test print and application by our very own Hinckley :sweet:

Just something to consider trying. It's a lot of fun to be able to pack the details in. For more examples, take a look at my index.

Thank you for sharing your work and please keep us updated! :classic:

Thanks for sharing all these decals, skull :thumbup:

You really put lots of effort in them, and I see you spaced between very different themes.

As ImperialShadows already said, you could use higher resolution templates, to get a more 'smooth' job (btw, I use CorelDraw to make my decals; I think vectorial programs are a lot more useful and easy to use for this kind of works; and, you can store your projects and change them in a blink :wub: [well, almost :laugh: ]).

Here you can find a collection of the templates available on EB so far; most of them are at 600 dpi resolution, .png file format. Hope you'll find them useful :classic:

Please feel free to ask further tips, or to share yours :wink:

LuxorV

Thanks for sharing all these decals, skull :thumbup:

Please feel free to ask further tips, or to share yours :wink:

well thanks luxor V and imperial shadow,. after aboard what imperial shadow said and what he showed me, i decided to try it.

using the torso template i was able to make this:

agent_torso.bmp_thumb.jpg

Click for full size

Edited by ImperialShadows
Fixed link, added thumbnail

well thanks luxor V and imperial shadow,. after aboard what imperial shadow said and what he showed me, i decided to try it.

using the torso template i was able to make this:

agent_torso.bmp_thumb.jpg

Click for full size

Now that's what I'm talking about! Very nicely done! :thumbup:

I'm very pleased to see that you stuck with the colour chart and have definitely improved your quality tremendously.

I took a minute and smoothed out a few areas that were a bit more jagged than necessary (I assume you used the circle making tool in paint). I also replaced the template background colour (it helps guide you when cutting the printed decals).

I don't know what the original looks like, so I may have rounded something I shouldn't have, you never know. :laugh:

Is this an actual LEGO Agents design? It's pretty cool, either way.

skull_agents_test.png_thumb.jpg

Very slightly modified.

Keep up the great work!

(btw, I use CorelDraw to make my decals; I think vectorial programs are a lot more useful and easy to use for this kind of works; and, you can store your projects and change them in a blink :wub: [well, almost :laugh: ]).

I use PSP 7, one of the last versions before they became Corel. If you ever want to host a vector class, count me in. I've made a total of 2 decals using vector graphics and both took hours for what would have been minutes normally. I just can't get the hang of it, I always either end up with things not quite lined up or a weird fluctuation in colour (build up brush effect? It's almost like using a pressure pad, but I use a mouse. I don't know).