RDG31

Clone Wars: Republic Attack Gunship

Got this set on Wednesday from Woolworths and it is everything I hoped it would be. Love the new Obi-Wan-Kenobi and Asajj Ventress minifigs. Took me about half a day to build and was relatively easy. Best part about this is all the sliding and opening doors that it has, two sets of doors cover the main compartment in which the minifigs go. Another set covers a small computer terminal under the cockpit and finally there is a type of escape pod hidden by two small doors three-quaters of the way down. The set also comes with a small spedder bike, which is pretty cool and that fits into the back of the ship via a drop down door at the back. The wings and the engines look really good and they don't fall off very easily which surprised me. There are only a couple of problems I have with this set and they are, the flick fire missiles at the top fall out too easily and you don't get enough clone troops with it because there are loads of places for them to go in this set. Overall this set is fantastic and would give it 9/10. Hoping to get the AT-TE tomorrow as that looks equally as amazing. Thanks for reading

post-3579-1217064648.jpg

Thanks for this review! I've moved it to the Star Wars forum.

Would it be possible to add some more pictures?

I am considering getting this today. Did you feel regret after buying this? $120 is a lot of money. Is it worth it?

Sorry I'm new to this. Yeah sure will add some straightaway. Definately worth it, cant really tell from the pics but it's a very big set and like I said earlier the new minifigs are great!

Sorry, can anyone tell me if there is anyway i can add more photos it says i have not got enough space???

Edited by RDG31

Sorry I'm new to this. Yeah sure will add some straightaway. Definately worth it, cant really tell from the pics but it's a very big set and like I said earlier the new minifigs are great!

Sorry, can anyone tell me if there is anyway i can add more photos it says i have not got enough space???

Don't use the attachments thing at the bottom of the post screen that you're using. What you need to do is Deeplink from Brickshelf. Tutorial on Deeplinking.

If you need to know how to upload to Brickshelf, click Here.

And, because I have a feeling you may have huge pictures, check out the picture resizing tutorial

Here.

Hope this helps! :thumbup:

DSR

Edited by Dark Sword Ragnarok

Whoops, you didn't deeplink! :wacko:

What you have to do is on your brickshelf, click on the image until the image is the only thing on the screen, and everything else is white. Then, copy the address at the top of the screen, then go to a new post, click the "insert image" icon below the fonts. Paste the address into it, and bam, you should have your image!

DSR

I am considering getting this today. Did you feel regret after buying this? $120 is a lot of money. Is it worth it?

Well, if it's any help I got the RGS set today from Toys R Us in Scotland for the princely sum of 79.99 pounds which is a quite scary 160 dollars. Now, in terms of the price of some other sets I would say it is worth it although even the checkout assistant remarked upon the extravagant price.

I didn't get the first RGS so this was always going to be a big deal for me and I was half expecting the price tag to be 90 pounds, so strangely the 80 quid didn't seem too bad so I ended up getting the Spider droid also for an additional twenty.

As the old adage goes... "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten". Besides, I didn't go to the pub on Friday so no money was wasted there - Hangover and empty wallet is often a source of real regret whereas I will cherish the gunship for a long while. It's such a solid big chunk of a thing and one of the few Lego sets that has a realistic movie scale. It looks expensive just sitting there and has a fair bit of heft to it.

As to the set itself, it was an enjoyable 5 hour build, no fiddly bits to contend with and everything is solid enough. The door opening mechanism is a thing of real beauty and she looks great without the huge stickers. Loads of nice little touches are present: weapon racks, tools compartments and in my set, as seems to be the norm, the two packs of clone accessories. If I was being extra picky, the front cockpit could do with a tiny bit of modding to fit in a joystick but I received an extra antenna / joystick part to stick in the rear cockpit with zero modding required. Yep, lack of minifigs is disappointing as the cockpit and pods seem deserted but the interior space is amazing. You can fit them in all sorts of places other than the main troop hold. Including pilots and gunners a conservative estimate of 14 minifigs could be held.

My original plan was to fill it out with Phase II clones and create ROTS Star Corps but these new animated Phase I's seem much nicer in the flesh so roll on the battle packs and heaven help all of us who should succumb to the temptation to fill those cockpits with Phase I pilots from eBay. Must. Stay. Away.

So there you have it. 160 dollars and no regrets. :classic: