Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Heroica RPG - Quest #29: Journey to Dastan

Galen felt relief as the last of the spiders fell down.

"Disgusting things."

I will attack Snake A from the front row.

Xander felt the tide of the battle turning in the heroes' favor; he quickly swung around and aimed an attack at Snake C from the front row.

Sarick was rusty from sitting in the hall. Sarick attacked the Snake C from the back row with ice magic.

Battle Order:

--------------

Cronk vs. Cave Rat B

Xander vs.

>De'kra vs. Snake B

>Sarick vs. Snake C

Galen vs. Snake A

>Nerwen vs. Vampire Bat

OoC: Was it decided that missing reduces/uses ether?

IC: As he attacked De'kra clicked, "There only six foes now, six heroes in team. Maybe one hero attack Cave Mongrel instead of Snake C, that way no free hits?"

IC: As he attacked De'kra clicked, "There only six foes now, six heroes in team. Maybe one hero attack Cave Mongrel instead of Snake C, that way no free hits?"

"Agreed, perhaps it would be wise for Sarick to attack the Cave Mongrel since his attacks usually originate from the back row."

OOC: Posted at pretty much the same time which is why we probably targeted the same person....but mine was first by two minutes. :grin:

OoC: Was it decided that missing reduces/uses ether?

QM Note: Yes, the same goes for throwing weapons and failed heals, I believe. It was decided some time ago in the R&D thread.

@Tanma: I looked through a couple of quests, the way Sandy originally did it was damage done, not damage received. Ans Xarrzan seems to be doing it that way for Quest 26. So I'll add whatever I missed with the last Mug to your gold. :classic:

Sarick was frustrated at wasting so much ether on these non-worthy foe. Sarick attacked the Cave Mongrel from the back row with ice magic.

Battle Order:

--------------

Cronk vs. Cave Rat B

Xander vs. Snake C

>De'kra vs. Snake B

>Sarick vs. Cave Mongrel

Galen vs. Snake A

>Nerwen vs. Vampire Bat

OoC: Thanks for the info.

Results of Round 5 of Cave Vermin Battle:

Cronk vs. Cave Rat B - Guardian Angel

Xander vs. Snake C - Damage

De'kra vs. Snake B - Critical Hit

Sarick vs. Cave Mongrel - Miss

Galen vs. Snake A - Special Damage

Nerwen vs. Vampire Bat - Hit

Cronk's angel appears yet again, protecting the party the next round. However, Xander takes a bite from Snake C. De'kra stabs at Snake B, killing it, and Sarick misses his target yet again. Galen is bitten by Snake A, and becomes poisoned. Nerwen smacks the Vampire Bat again with her Hammer. Galen takes 1 damage from the poison as it begins its jounrey through his veins.

Enemies:

6961381876_54e3d6c18d_t.jpg

Cave Rat B

Type: Vermin

Level: 7

Health: 36/100

Special: Lethal Bite (Causes 7 damage an the Stunned effect on the attacker for the next turn)

Drops: Nothing

7107448917_0d24399b51_t.jpg

Snake A

Level: 5

Health: 16/80

Special: Poison (Causes poisoned effect on attacker until remedied or the battle is over)

Drops: Venom

7107448917_0d24399b51_t.jpg

Snake C

Level: 5

Health: 16/80

Special: Poison (Causes poisoned effect on attacker until remedied or the battle is over)

Drops: Venom

7107448829_df3912d2f3_t.jpg

Vampire Bat

Type: Flying Vermin

Level: 9

Health: 14/90

Special: Vampire Bite (curses the attacker, forcing them to attack an ally the next round)

Drops: Nothing

7107448749_32c84d7e45_t.jpg

Cave Mongrel

Type: Beast

Level: 9

Health: 46/110

Special: Howl (causes the Afraid effect to the attacker, forcing them to the back row for the remainder of the battle or until it is remedied)

Drops: Bone

The Party:

ava-nerwen.jpgNerwen Calmcacil (played by Chromeknight)

Level 6 Cleric

Power: 12

Health: 9/13

Ether: 10/10

Gold: 25

Inventory: Peace (Hammer, WP: 6), Wooden Staff (WP:3), Bedroll, Shovel, Potion, 2x Tonic, Remedy, 2x Nostrum, Fire Bomb, Elixir, Grand Tonic

Rogue.JPGDe'kra (played by Tanma)

Level 13 Rogue

Power: 18

Health: 14/19

Gold: 52

Inventory: Kapura (WP:5, Fire), Pongcanis Dagger (WP:5, Lightning), Shadeaux Dagger (WP:5), Fauxthril Hand Cannon (WP:5, unsuitable), Cloak of the Blue Assassin(SP: 1), Cloak of the Elven Spy, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Venom, 6x Potion, 2x Remedy, 2x Ice Bomb, Water Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Phoenix Essence

5919562924_234e287ff9_t.jpgGalen Woodward (played by Fugazi)

Level 6 Rogue ~Poisoned~

Power: 11

Health: 7/12

Gold: 0

Inventory: Sword of Bashing (WP: 5, Ice), Throwing Dagger (WP:4), 2x Potion, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll

rsz_img_2161.jpgSarick Lanse (played by Xarrzan) *Party Leader*

Level 7 Mage

Power: 13

Health: 7/11

Ether: 8/11

Inventory: Dragon's Wrath (Staff WP: 6), Healing Staff (WP:5, healing effect), Opal(Ice), Topaz(Lightning) Potion, Tonic, Phoenix Essence, Nostrum

6882536309_34131623d7_t.jpgCronk (played by CorneliusMurdock)

Level 18 Paladin

Power: 30

SP: 9

Health: 38/38

Ether: 19/19

Gold: 30

Inventory: Zoot's Bane (WP:12, Light), Healing Staff (WP:5 Healing effect), Sword of Bashing (WP:5, Ice), Bloody Pointy Stick (WP:1), Ennoc's Blessing (Shield, SP:7), Elaborate Helmet (SP:2), 2x Potion, Holy Bomb, Phoenix Essence, Bedroll, Paralyzing Venom, Blacksmith Writ

heroica_2.jpgXander Unth'or (played by posades)

Level 12 Barbarian

Power: 20

Gold: 280

Inventory: Pongcanis Club (WP: 8), Enigmatic Hammer (WP: 3), Robe of the Pongcanis Champion (WP: 1 Front Row)(SP: 1 Back Row), Potion (2), Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Horse (WP: 1 Front Row), Fire Bomb, Skeleton Decoy, Venom, Elven Bomb

QM Note: Because of Guardian Angel the next round will play automatically.

Results of Round 6 of Cave Vermin Battle:

Cronk vs. Cave Rat B - Hit

Xander vs. Snake C - Frenzy

De'kra vs. Snake B - Miss

Sarick vs. Cave Mongrel - Damage

Galen vs. Vampire Bat - Hit

Nerwen vs. Vampire Bat - Miss

Cronk lands a hit on Cave Rat B with his sword, nearly defeating it. Xander goes into another Frenzy, unbelievably taking out every enemy except for the Vampire Bat, which De'kra swiftly defeats. The poison takes one more health from Galen before disappearing.

The battle is victorious!

Galen, Nerwen, and Sarick all gain a level of experience while Cronk, Xander, and De'kra gain half of a level.

The Party:

Level 7 Cleric

Health: 10/14

Ether: 11/11

Inventory: Peace (Hammer, WP: 6), Wooden Staff (WP:3), Bedroll, Shovel, Potion, 2x Tonic, Remedy, 2x Nostrum, Fire Bomb, Elixir, Grand Tonic

Level 13.5 Rogue

Inventory: Kapura (WP:5, Fire), Pongcanis Dagger (WP:5, Lightning), Shadeaux Dagger (WP:5), Fauxthril Hand Cannon (WP:5, unsuitable), Cloak of the Blue Assassin(SP: 1), Cloak of the Elven Spy, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Venom, 6x Potion, 2x Remedy, 2x Ice Bomb, Water Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Phoenix Essence

Level 7 Rogue

Health: 7/13

Inventory: Sword of Bashing (WP: 5, Ice), Throwing Dagger (WP:4), 2x Potion, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll

Level 8 Mage

Power: 14

Health: 8/12

Ether: 9/12

Inventory: Dragon's Wrath (Staff WP: 6), Healing Staff (WP:5, healing effect), Opal(Ice), Topaz(Lightning) Potion, Tonic, Phoenix Essence, Nostrum

Level 18.5 Paladin

Ether: 19/19

Inventory: Zoot's Bane (WP:12, Light), Healing Staff (WP:5 Healing effect), Sword of Bashing (WP:5, Ice), Bloody Pointy Stick (WP:1), Ennoc's Blessing (Shield, SP:7), Elaborate Helmet (SP:2), 2x Potion, Holy Bomb, Phoenix Essence, Bedroll, Paralyzing Venom, Blacksmith Writ

Level 12.5 Barbarian

Health: 19/19

Inventory: Pongcanis Club (WP: 8), Enigmatic Hammer (WP: 3), Robe of the Pongcanis Champion (WP: 1 Front Row)(SP: 1 Back Row), Potion (2), Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Horse (WP: 1 Front Row), Fire Bomb, Skeleton Decoy, Venom, Elven Bomb

Party Leader, how will the loot be divided?

heroica-venom.jpgVenom x3

heroica-bone.jpgBone

Galen frowns at the snake bite, but the effects of the venom are already fading away.

"Hurray for guardian angels and frenzies! Those dirty critters never stood a chance!

Now, which way is it Russel?"

Now, which way is it Russel?"

6953020712_0222d384c0_t.jpg

Clearly impressed by the heroes' ability to deal with the cave life, Russel rose his torch to illuminate more tunnels leading deeper into the cave. "We go this way."

He lead the heroes for some time, until they arrived at a point where the single path they were on split in two. It was nothing unusual, Russel had led them through many splitting paths, but he stopped at the fork.

"Heroes, I've led you far into this tunnel, and now we've almost reached the Cultists' lair. Actually, from here there are two different areas in which the Cultists hide. Now, our spies tell us that the Cultists have some sort of method of communicating. So if we all go to one of the two main catacombs, we run the risk of letting the Cultists, if any, in the other escaping if they become informed of our presence."

"So, we must divide and conquer. Four of you will come with me, down the right path, and two of you will head down the left path to prevent any of these troublemakers from escaping. Who goes where is up to you. Any questions?"

Cronk thinks Nerwen and Cronk should go in separate ways so both groups have healer. Cronk would be fine with being in either group.

IC: De'kra nods, before clicking, "I agree. Also, Cronk strongest of team, I suggest he go on squad of two. That way he compensate for lack of heroes in small group. Also, maybe each group have rogues, as groups might require to use stealth and break into equipment. What you say leader?"

Sarick was shocked at his poor performance in this battle. 'Fighting on land is so much harder than fighting in the ocean' he thought. Sarick then

handed one Venom to Nerwen,

handed one Venom to Galen,

handed one Venom to Xander, and

handed one bone to Knifk.

Sarick highly disliked the idea of splitting up the team but he did not want any cultists getting away that lived to hurt dragons.

"Knifk and Galen will be the two person team. The rest of usss will head down the path with Russel. If you two get into any seriousss trouble head back to the rest of us...or ask your angel guardian for assistance."

OOC: When you say Knifk you mean Cronk right?

IC: De'kra half listened to the leader's words, his mind elsewhere. Just like before, the feel of the tunnels felt so natural, so familar. He definitely had been underground once before, but when? And why was his vision so fickle in the darkness?

Galen thanked Sarick and pocketed the venom.

"Knifk, Cronk, those orcish names are so confusing! :laugh:

Agreed then, Cronk and I will follow the left path. May Lady Luck be with us all."

Nerwen nodded at Sarick's stragegic decision, though she was lightly amused that he'd said Knifk, the name of the Orc from their previous quest rather than Cronk. Perhaps to the Naga, all orcs looked the same.

She spoke up.

Would anyone else like to be healed before battle?

Edited by Chromeknight

IC: De'kra clicked, "If you able to spare it, I would like to have I wounds heal. If it too expensive I could just use potion. Up to you."

OOC: by expensive he means that if you think that healing five damage is not worth a full ether.

"Forgive me Cronk," said Sarick. "I sense that there is something amiss with one of my first quest matesss. But, he journeyed on his quest with capable heroes and will be fine. Let us move on."

OoC: Sorry about that, was posting in my other quest and jumped back to here.

"Forgive me Cronk," said Sarick. "I sense that there is something amiss with one of my first quest matesss. But, he journeyed on his quest with capable heroes and will be fine. Let us move on."

OoC: Sorry about that, was posting in my other quest and jumped back to here.

It is all right. Cronk forgives Sarick.

The Party:

Level 7 Cleric

Ether: 10/11

Inventory: Peace (Hammer, WP: 6), Wooden Staff (WP:3), Bedroll, Shovel, Potion, 2x Tonic, Remedy, 2x Nostrum, Fire Bomb, Elixir, Grand Tonic, Venom

Level 13.5 Rogue

Level 7 Rogue

Health: 13/13

Inventory: Sword of Bashing (WP: 5, Ice), Throwing Dagger (WP:4), 2x Potion, Remedy, 2x Venom, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll

Level 8 Mage

Level 18.5 Paladin

Ether: 18/19

Inventory: Zoot's Bane (WP:12, Light), Healing Staff (WP:5 Healing effect), Bloody Pointy Stick (WP:1), Ennoc's Blessing (Shield, SP:7), Elaborate Helmet (SP:2), 2x Potion, Holy Bomb, Phoenix Essence, Bedroll, Paralyzing Venom, Blacksmith Writ, Bone

Level 12.5 Barbarian

Inventory: Pongcanis Club (WP: 8), Enigmatic Hammer (WP: 3), Robe of the Pongcanis Champion (WP: 1 Front Row)(SP: 1 Back Row), Potion (2), Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Horse (WP: 1 Front Row), Fire Bomb, Skeleton Decoy, 2x Venom, Elven Bomb

QM Note: I will update later tonight, if I have time. I would like to give posades a chance to speak before moving on, and I have some things to do. :classic:

OOC: This quest moves a lot faster than my last one. :tongue: Going to Tennessee this Friday to dog-sit my sister's dogs for 9 days so I'll only be able to check in via my phone. I'll post when I can, but if I haven't logged in for a day or so Cronk can take over Xander's actions (if it's alright with you Cornelius).

Xander felt a slight rush of satisfaction from the last battle. He had not let the group down, which was important in building trust with the other heroes. He had experience with split groups; although he hoped for the best, Xander would be ready to assist in any way he could.

"The groups are fine. Be safe, Cronk and Galen," Xander succinctly added, still deep in thought.

"Cronk, you will be second fang (pseudo-party leader) for the two person team. Be safe and return quickly." said Sarick.

The heroes decide to split the group by sending Cronk and Galen down the left path.

Russel pulls out another torch, lights it with his own, and hands it to Cronk. "Good luck. We will meet you back at this intersection. As far as I know there are no other paths branching from the one you're about to take."

The groups departed, and the main group headed down the right path. Sure enough, after a short walk Russel stopped. The heroes could see flames illuminating the path ahead. The continued forward, and heard voices speaking. Hoping to surprise the cultists, they rushed forward into a well-lit catacomb. They were greeted by a group of scary-looking thugs, who were none too happy to see the heroes in their secret hideout. Near them, a grotesque scene of fresh corpses decorated the otherwise plain room.

6953020190_e2434da227_z.jpg

7107448661_5dd2bdf926_t.jpg

"Uh hey, you're not the boss! Uhhh... the boss told us to kill anyone who wasn't the boss. So uhhh... we gotta kill them!"

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

7107448661_5dd2bdf926_t.jpg

Grunt A

Type: Humanoid

Level: 8

Health: 80/80

Special: Crush (tackles the attacker to the ground, dealing 6 damage regardless of SP and row, and stuns the attacker for the next round.

Drops: 20 gold

6961381576_6bc676172d_m.jpg

Grunt B

Type: Humanoid

Level: 8

Health: 80/80

Special: Rapid attack (quickly attacks all enemies in the same row as the attacker for 4 damage, regardless of SP or row.

Drops: 20 gold

7107448585_ccd86d1a67_m.jpg

Summoner

Type: Undead

Level: 4

Health: 100/100

Special: Summon (uses arcane magic to revive a nearby skeleton)

Drops: Purple Potion, Green Potion, Red Potion, Blue Potion

The Party:

Level 7 Cleric

Ether: 11/11

Level 13.5 Rogue

Level 8 Mage

Level 12.5 Barbarian