Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

since he isnt a regular lego seller, his account could either be hacked, or he stole all those sets from a lego factory/shop or something.. hmmmmmm

But selling things for like 1c... how is that possible? i thought the rule was you cannot list anything under 99c.. so starting bids are always at 0.99c ???

But there is a possibility that the selling price was only a few cents however the shipping price was maybe like 10-20 bux which means ebay don't get a share of their profit but they still made money from it.

Well they offering paypal which offer their own protection and for that amount you can't go wrong, unless it's for the box only :tongue:

Don't get me started on Paypal and their apparent "PROTECTION" program.......... it's about as useful as a condom and just as reliable!

I don't trust Paypal's "BUYER PROTECTION" for the pixel it's written on my screen! Buy at your own risk, as I've just gone through a Paypal dispute with

regards to a purchase and lets just say im $200+ out of pocket and 2 months worth of Faxes, E-Mails and Dispute Resolution they favoured the seller

even though I never received my goods! Sounds familiar to what could happen here !!!!

PAYPAL will take your money and not even refund when you've been wronged!!!!

After being burned the hard way by PAYPAL I hop no one has to go through the crap I did.

Well spotted, it took me a minute to work out what he was doing, I knew it was cheap but he has great feedback. Although all the feedback is from supercheap with free delivery items, cheap stuff like memory card readers, all done within a few months. There is an aweful lot of people who are going to be disappointed & angry soon, especially the person who bought 11 of these.

Don't get me started on Paypal and their apparent "PROTECTION" program.......... it's about as useful as a condom and just as reliable!

I don't trust Paypal's "BUYER PROTECTION" for the pixel it's written on my screen! Buy at your own risk, as I've just gone through a Paypal dispute with

regards to a purchase and lets just say im $200+ out of pocket and 2 months worth of Faxes, E-Mails and Dispute Resolution they favoured the seller

even though I never received my goods! Sounds familiar to what could happen here !!!!

PAYPAL will take your money and not even refund when you've been wronged!!!!

After being burned the hard way by PAYPAL I hop no one has to go through the crap I did.

I also agree with this. I lost $280 on a purchase on ebay and $120 on Bricklink, Paypal simply saying they cannot take it any further because the seller did everything right. In both cases the sellers disappeared within a fortnight of Paypal closing the disputes, and a slew of negative feedback popped up for the two users. I won't trust it ever again, and it is why most of my purchases now are made with either stores, or I pay for trackable shipping.

btw anyone interested in the new 10231 Shuttle Expedition worth $160. I saw 2 of them on the shelf at K-mart in Westfields Parramatta going for $129

Well spotted, it took me a minute to work out what he was doing, I knew it was cheap but he has great feedback. Although all the feedback is from supercheap with free delivery items, cheap stuff like memory card readers, all done within a few months. There is an aweful lot of people who are going to be disappointed & angry soon, especially the person who bought 11 of these.

Nah there's an idiot who bought 20 now

Nah there's an idiot who bought 20 now

It is very tempting, but they want immediate payment, and I don't like that, they list it as pay within 7 days then ask for it upfront.

Then there is the issue that all of a sudden they have all this great stuff 3DS, hard drives printers for sale and the listings are now private.

A report to ebay may help but I think they will be all sold by morning as there are only 96 left out of 200.

$160AUD is it worth the risk?????

$160AUD is it worth the risk?????

Who has 200 Death Stars? Even the biggest stores I have seen on Bricklink haven't had that many, at least listed.

If you think you can get your money back if it falls through, go for it.

I'd rather pay the $450 odd or so from Amazon.fr and be guaranteed to get it, which is still much cheaper than the RRP

Who has 200 Death Stars? Even the biggest stores I have seen on Bricklink haven't had that many, at least listed.

If you think you can get your money back if it falls through, go for it.

I'd rather pay the $450 odd or so from Amazon.fr and be guaranteed to get it, which is still much cheaper than the RRP

I got mine from Amazon.fr for $471 at the high of the Aussie dollar. But I still had that thought a cheap one. Is too good to be true, so it isn't.

The guy that purchased 20 is going to be hurting.

I got mine from Amazon.fr for $471 at the high of the Aussie dollar. But I still had that thought a cheap one. Is too good to be true, so it isn't.

The guy that purchased 20 is going to be hurting.

I have four, purchased between $520 and $580. The Amazon.fr offer is an absolute bargain with that cheap shipping. Have you received yours?

I have four, purchased between $520 and $580. The Amazon.fr offer is an absolute bargain with that cheap shipping. Have you received yours?

Yes I have mine, I orderd it on a Monday, it arrived on the Friday a couple of weeks ago. It was packed well too.

I can't seem to get that price for the Death Star.

When I put it in my cart they charge me 90 pounds shipping.

There is a guy on bricklink selling them for $520 shipped though.

I can't seem to get that price for the Death Star.

When I put it in my cart they charge me 90 pounds shipping.

There is a guy on bricklink selling them for $520 shipped though.

From the looks it is because Amazon.fr sold out. The only Death Star there now is from a store seller

I am assuming you are looking at Brickmania?

It says those sets have creases/compressions on the boxes, but just check with him first. I have bought 3 Death Stars from him before, he is great to deal with.

Edited by TheDarkness

Ah yes I did wonder if it was the difference between Amazon themselves and a third party.

Thanks for the heads up about Brickmania.

It was his sets I was looking at.

Wasn't concerned about the creases so much-just want the set to make with my son :0)

Brickmania has 8 so I will keep an eye on the dollar and how many he has left as the dollar climbs back up again.

Cheers

Inger

Just out of interest - 3 Death Stars?!

Wow! I find it so hard to justify purchasing one because of the price.

I admire your commitment to the cause :0)

I trust you have opened one to build?

Cheers

Inger

Yeah Don is pretty cool. If I cannot find a store to purchase from, I will be getting the Executor from him.

Haha I have 4. Yet to open one, but I will one day. I resell some stuff when I feel like it, or give Lego sets out to family for gifts at birthdays or Christmas. I've got so many sets in the cupboard its ridiculous. I opened up a V-19 Torrent today to build with my kids (I still have 2 I think unopened) but they just wanted the parts to make their own stuff so it all just went into their big Lego box (after I removed the Clone Pilot for myself)

I've been clearing some stuff out and putting in on eBay, but considering my latest purchases are outstripping what I offload, I am not freeing up much space. At least when I open the new sets I will makes them, or put the minifigs away for when I eventually have the space to make dioramas

From the looks it is because Amazon.fr sold out. The only Death Star there now is from a store seller

I am assuming you are looking at Brickmania?

It says those sets have creases/compressions on the boxes, but just check with him first. I have bought 3 Death Stars from him before, he is great to deal with.

I only just bought a DS from him, very good seller, my box did have creases but nothing worse than what I've seen at Big W.

Cool thanks for letting me know, Brickus.

Seems like the prime time to be buying the Death Star for Aussies.

Can't believe it has been out for about 4 years now.

Thats four years of me trying to justify buying this or convincing myself I don't want it.

Too long...

I only just bought a DS from him, very good seller, my box did have creases but nothing worse than what I've seen at Big W.

Cool thanks for letting me know, Brickus.

Seems like the prime time to be buying the Death Star for Aussies.

Can't believe it has been out for about 4 years now.

Thats four years of me trying to justify buying this or convincing myself I don't want it.

Too long...

I procrastinated on my first one for awhile, I got it from K-Mart. The others I bought this year when the Aussie Dollar started jumping.

Unfortunately I waited too long for the UCS Millenium Falcon and missed out. I was in Hawaii a couple of years ago and had a quick look, but I seriously regret not chasing it down. I could have bought it anywhere and had it overnight shipped to my hotel. At the time I thought it was a ridiculous amount of money to spend, now I would do it in a heartbeat. You learn these lessons too late sometimes, but, I definitely won't be missing out on the Executor :laugh:

all 200 of those death stars are now SOLD !!... lets wait and see the outcome hahahaha .. it is quite interesting

all 200 of those death stars are now SOLD !!... lets wait and see the outcome hahahaha .. it is quite interesting

I wouldn't be suprised if one or two were legit but not the rest.

I wouldn't be suprised if one or two were legit but not the rest.

I would, so far the guy has scammed near on $50,000 just on completed sales, sold 200 of these sets and 200 Nook readers @ $80 each. Goes to show eBay are slow to react to scams, I'm sure there were plenty of people who reported the sale.

I would, so far the guy has scammed near on $50,000 just on completed sales, sold 200 of these sets and 200 Nook readers @ $80 each. Goes to show eBay are slow to react to scams, I'm sure there were plenty of people who reported the sale.

I've seen before people get feedback for a couple of items then not long after a slew of negatives for the same item. I hope people get their money back when this falls through

$50000! Thats insane.

And I suppose all of them were for immediate payment :hmpf:

That guy is probably sitting on a beach somewhere now with a bag full of cash and nothing to lose.

Based on what happened with Series 3 and Series 4, which store is likely to be the first store to get Series 5?

MYER now has marina, new ninjago and alien conqest. possibly also hero factory and heroica

target has ninjago, marina, hero factory and heroica

david jones has heroica, hero factory, marina and ninjago