I am new to technic. But already want the 8421 crane. With the price of a new rig it's $475. Which is ridiculous but isn't made anymore. Is it worth it to get the 8421 Model vs the 8053. As of right now I have the 8043, 8110, & 8052. My wish list is the 8421 and the 8258. Currently I have only had time to build the 8052 since it was my first set. Thanks

8421 is a fantastic set, but I wouldn't pay $475 for one. There's no need to get a new one unless you intend to keep it unopened. It looks like you can get a good quality used copy for $200 on Bricklink.

8421 is a fantastic set, but I wouldn't pay $475 for one. There's no need to get a new one unless you intend to keep it unopened. It looks like you can get a good quality used copy for $200 on Bricklink.

Ok thanks. Yeah I definitely plan on building it. But then Again I would't mind be the first to open it. I like having a set with everything in mint condition, instructions, box, etc. But I agree $475 is outrageous.

Ok thanks. Yeah I definitely plan on building it. But then Again I would't mind be the first to open it. I like having a set with everything in mint condition, instructions, box, etc. But I agree $475 is outrageous.

I totally agree with Blakbird! It's a great set (it got me out of my dark ages), but not for such a price. I also agree with you, regarding the fun of opening a brand new set. The opening experience is part of the fun. But regarding older sets, just try to find one for a reasonable price.

Edited by Gekke Ted

I'v finally finished this moc. Now it have a very good front-back and steering system.

I've modified also the turret to make it look-like better

Soon i post the 3d model and some photos.

Edited by fede.97