DaveDude68

Using Book Part (33009) in LDD

LDD has the Book Part (33009).  However, I can't seem to place it within my model where I want it to go.  All I can do with this part is place it on the base level of the model.  I was hoping to either have a mini-fig hold the book, or place the book on a stand.

Any tips on how to work with this part in LDD?

I am using the Mac OSX version of LDD.  Customer Support recommended that I use F1 to bring up building tips - however this keystroke doesn't seem to work - is it a Windows keystroke?

Thx.

Dave

Indeed, it doesn’t seem to connect to anything….

You’ll have to use another part: Place the book and, for example, a plate on the “ground,” select both parts (ctrl+click, area-select, or use the second selection tool, the arrow with the +), and grab and connect the plate wherever you want, the book will follow (and then float next to the plate). You can then remove the plate/other part. You can also fine tune the position with a clip on a bar: select the book and the clip, move the clip along the bar.

Rotating is a bit harder. You can use the auto-rotation of LDD: if you rotate the helping part, it will “rotate back” when you connect it, rotating the book in the process.

As for F1, it should open a page in your browser.

HTH

@SylvainLS - That technique works great.  I was able to put a 1x1 plate down as a connection proxy to place the book in my model.

Thx for the quick response.