The Kid

Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures...

--When were her friends brought into the system?

They died, didn't they? The Doctor probably set the Sonic Screwdriver (of the future) to capture all of their Data Ghosts, not just River Song's.

Davros looks good, very accurate to the classic look.

On a related note, the title of 4.12 has been announced- 'The Stolen Earth'. From BBC:

The Doctor's secret army of allies come together at a time of great urgency as Earth is threatened by the new Dalek Empire. With battles raging on the streets and in the sky, the Doctor and Donna confront the Shadow Proclamation to find the truth; however, a fearsome old enemy waits in the shadows.

how do we know its not a place? a fleet prehaps?

You generally confront a person rather than a place but I suppose fleet is plausible.

cant wait for midnight looks good

ive already seen half of it though :laugh: there were loads of clips shown because an actor that was in it was very popular, looks good anyway its supposed to be the scareist yet :look:

I found this episode rather chilling. Not because of the unseen monster but of the willingness of the passengers to turn on themselves so easily and the lengths they would go to, to ensure there own survival. Very unnerving indeed.

i actually didt like one to much you sorta knew what would happen

those people were stupid though werent they, :laugh:

I liked it. Human nature at its worst. And is this the closest the Doctor has ever come to real death?

Apparantly, this is the first story without the TARDIS since Genesis of the Daleks (1975!), and only the third without a companion in the main narrative, the first two being The Deadly Assassin and Time Crash (debatable, as the Fifth and Tenth Doctors could be countd as companions of each other respectively). It was also the 200th story, and the 50th new story filmed (hence 'Crusader 50').

So, we saw Rose again, shouting 'Doctor' on the shuttle monitors. The Medusa Cascade was mentioned again as well, and I wonder if the Lost Moon of Poosh was lost like other references thereof. As in, "the fifteenth broken moon of the Medusa Cascade".

The trailer for next week's story looks good too. There's "somthing on [Donna's] back", Rose returns because "all the Universes are in danger", Donna wears a Captain Jack-esque coat, the Doctor is found dead by UNIT... something's going on. A future that shouldn't exist perhaps?

dunno maybe the thing on her back is a meterbellis spider?

and is rose in the blink room by any chance?

Today at school there was mixed reaction to Midnight. Me and my friend were trying to argue that it was brilliant because it offered an insight into the Human mind, whereas my other friend condemned it as boring because there was no action.

whereas my other friend condemned it as boring because there was no action.

So by the same definition, a lot of the classic stories are "boring" because there's not much action in those either? Take Genesis of the Daleks, for example. One of the best, if not the best, Doctor Who story ever, and how much action is there there, really? Not an awful lot...

And doesn't David Troughton look like his dad?

So by the same definition, a lot of the classic stories are "boring" because there's not much action in those either? Take Genesis of the Daleks, for example. One of the best, if not the best, Doctor Who story ever, and how much action is there there, really? Not an awful lot...

And doesn't David Troughton look like his dad?

Bear in mind my friend is an idiot and yeah he really does, I was surprised the writers didn't give him a more favourable character to play what with the family connection.

Bear in mind my friend is an idiot

:laugh:

I was surprised the writers didn't give him a more favourable character to play what with the family connection.

My mum told me yesterday that David Troughton has worked with Peter Davison before as well, then what with Georgia Moffett in this series... it's a small Universe. :laugh:

Edited by Brainbox

turn left in doctor who is a bad thing to do while turning right is good?

whole new version story arc :wacko: nice :wink:

The trailer for next week's story looks good too. There's "somthing on [Donna's] back", Rose returns because "all the Universes are in danger", Donna wears a Captain Jack-esque coat, the Doctor is found dead by UNIT... something's going on. A future that shouldn't exist perhaps?

Well, sylvestermccoy.com mention Racnoss, so it could be a spider leg popping out of her. It'd fit with the enemy waiting in the shadows thing.

Rose returns because "all the Universes are in danger", Donna wears a Captain Jack-esque coat, the Doctor is found dead by UNIT... something's going on. A future that shouldn't exist perhaps?

Likely. You see a nuke going off, so maybe Rose is showing Donna different realities where shit hit the fan, one thing being the Doctor(s) of different dimensions getting nailed.

Mmmm... Davros pics. I'm so thankful he hasn't been "reimagined" into something that looks hideously different.

I love how Doctor Who more or less disproves the popular idea that to have characters be interesting decade after decade for every generation, that you have to COMPLETELY redo them. I look at the poo that Marvel and other comic companies do every few years and laugh at their lack of forced creativity.

I also like how the Daleks were made scary because they were "cold", then made scary because they obtained the secrets of time travel, then scary because CGI effects gave them a new look of mobility, and now finally scary again because they've learned the art of recruitment from other realities... ...AND THEY'RE STILL JUST LEGLESS TIN CANS!

Seriously, if there was ever a testament to good writing = not needing to retardedly redesign characters...

Likely. You see a nuke going off, so maybe Rose is showing Donna different realities where shit hit the fan, one thing being the Doctor(s) of different dimensions getting nailed.

Radio Times seems to be going with the 'What if Donna had never travelled with the Doctor?' angle. I don't know if this menas The Runaway Bride never happened or not, but that means that at least Series 4 (and possibly bits of Series 3) will be rewritten. I'm assuming it has either something to do with the breakdown of realities, as you say, or the thing on her back.

Mmmm... Davros pics. I'm so thankful he hasn't been "reimagined" into something that looks hideously different.

To be honest though, Davros was the one character that couldn't change visually. A different look, and he just wouldn't be Davros.

I love how Doctor Who more or less disproves the popular idea that to have characters be interesting decade after decade for every generation, that you have to COMPLETELY redo them. I look at the poo that Marvel and other comic companies do every few years and laugh at their lack of forced creativity.

Exactly. If you look at how, over the 45 years of the programme, the Daleks, Cybermen and Sontarans have changed, it's actually very little. The Daleks have barely changed at all, neither have the Sontarans. The Cyber men have, but it fits the character, and they've kept many aspects through all the versions.

The basic premise of each returning monster has always been the same as well. The Daleks still have the same motives they did way back in 1963/4. And that's good.

Or, as the Cyberleader might say: "Excellent." :laugh:

Exactly. If you look at how, over the 45 years of the programme, the Daleks, Cybermen and Sontarans have changed, it's actually very little. The Daleks have barely changed at all, neither have the Sontarans. The Cyber men have, but it fits the character, and they've kept many aspects through all the versions.

Even then, it's not the Cybermen's fault they had to change. It's society's fault for no being afraid of people wrapped in tin foil. :tongue:

Even then, it's not the Cybermen's fault they had to change. It's society's fault for no being afraid of people wrapped in tin foil. :tongue:

Wait... it's not real? :cry_sad:

But in the case of the Cybermen from The Tenth Planet, it was more a case of 'a sock and a massive torch' than 'tin foil'. :laugh:

Tenth_Planet_2_001.jpg

Just like to share this picture of the Who Crew (Yes I made that up) that I shamelessly ripped off Wikipedia.

whocrewmm5.jpg

Series finale is shaping up nicely.

Just like to share this picture of the Who Crew (Yes I made that up) that I shamelessly ripped off Wikipedia.

whocrewmm5.jpg

You just know they all felt very silly posing for that.

And it's nice to see that at least one classic series icon hasn't been forgotten. I mean, the Daleks invade Earth, so surely, he'll need all the help he can get. Why not call on the Brigadier and the UNIT crew, Ian and Barbara, Polly and Ben, Victoria, Liz Shaw, Jo Grant or Izzy as well? :laugh:

Tegan's in Australia, so he wouldn't call on her. :wink:

Doesn't say much does it? :grin: