Sign in to follow this  
freakwave

New Parts for 2013 that benefit Technic

----------->>>Dear Admins... please change the title to "...2013" .... forgive my ignorance to proofread the title...

When going through the new Galaxy Squad pictures of Flickr user "Cupishalfempty" I came across this one which shows an interesting part getting System and Technic together. Look in the top row of parts:

8205296174_6713581248_z.jpg

fW

Edited by freakwave

Nice find! That hybrid part could be described as a "Plate, 1x2x1 with Technic Hole" or something like that. There's no more information about it from "Cupishalfempty" on this Flickr webpage. However, there is a Flickr Galaxy Squad group set that has this webpage for the new 6019987 part (which comes with the upcoming 70700 Space Swarmer set):

8203719409_7a2b95bc9d_c.jpg8204805750_57fa5f307a_c.jpg

This Lego Galaxy Squad webpage on Brickset shows all of the sets for this new theme coming in 2013. I'm trying to think of how this new part would be useful for Technic constructions.... :look:

Nice find! That hybrid part could be described as a "Plate, 1x2x1 with Technic Hole" or something like that.

The BL Admins will for sure find an appropriate (remember: Medium Dark Flesh) name, they christen it somehow in the direction of "Plate, Modified, 1 x 2 with Pin Hole (horizontal) (on top)" if they follow the nomenclature of parts like the 2444, 2817 or the 92280.

fW

I'm wondering if that new 6019987 "Plate, Modified, 1 x 2 with Pin Hole (horizontal) (on top)" part could be used as a pivoting mounting point for a Technic vehicle's mirror, or perhaps a pivoting Rear Spoiler like the Bugatti Veyron has?