Bricksandparts

Heroica RPG - Quest#25: Imbuing the Sword

1090 posts in this topic

The party boards a ship and sets sail for Adrarenad. After a few days, the party arrives at the city docks.

MapofAdrenad.jpg

The party is at DOCKS currently, where would the party like to go?

QM Note: sorry for the lack of pictures here, but the ship and docks aren't really important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hmm... uh, m-maybe we should go to the marketp-place first? I mean, uh, i-if it's okay with you..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hmm... uh, m-maybe we should go to the marketp-place first? I mean, uh, i-if it's okay with you..."

I think we should start at the information center, as I believe from there we will be able to find out whatever else we made need before gathering all the items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps Olinn's idea of simply trotting off to the closest area to where they were now wasn't as good an idea as he had thought.

"Y-yes, that would probably make more sense..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The party heads to the Information center. The building is a two-floored building with to wooden doors at the front.

Informationcenterentrance.jpg

The party enters to building and is welcomed by a young man filling out some forms on a paper.

Informationcenterinside.jpg

After noticing the party, he stops writing and looks up.

HelpDeskNPCpicture.png

"May I be of any assistance?"

How will the party respond?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, I believe it would be a good idea to introduce ourselves, and state who we are, and what we are trying to do.

"My name Is Erdathcath, you look like a fine gentleman. What is your name?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, I believe it would be a good idea to introduce ourselves, and state who we are, and what we are trying to do.

"My name Is Erdathcath, you look like a fine gentleman. What is your name?"

HelpDeskNPCpicture.png

"Hello Erdathcath! You seem very dashing yourself!"

The help desk man blushes and looks down. After regaining his composure, he looks back up.

"My name is Jobe. Is there anything I can help you with?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"My name is Jobe. Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Well met Jobe. I am Hoke Abelsword. My friends and I have come to your fair city in search of certain....materials. Aside from the Marketplace, where would be go to peruse the city's wares?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hello Erdathcath! You seem very dashing yourself!"

The help desk man blushes and looks down. After regaining his composure, he looks back up.

"My name is Jobe. Is there anything I can help you with?"

Indeed, my friends and I are in need of materials, as my friend Hoke already stated. And the one who sent us stated that a fine gentlemen that works here would be able to state where most of the items are.

However, the one thing that worries me personally, is, are there any thieves, bandits, gangs, etc. here that may try to rob us? Has there been any problems like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well met Jobe. I am Hoke Abelsword. My friends and I have come to your fair city in search of certain....materials. Aside from the Marketplace, where would be go to peruse the city's wares?"

HelpDeskNPCpicture.png

"Well, what exactly are you looking for?"

Indeed, my friends and I are in need of materials, as my friend Hoke already stated. And the one who sent us stated that a fine gentlemen that works here would be able to state where most of the items are.

However, the one thing that worries me personally, is, are there any thieves, bandits, gangs, etc. here that may try to rob us? Has there been any problems like that?

HelpDeskNPCpicture.png

"Hmm, there may be some trouble near the market-place, but there are guards there. My guess is you won't have any trouble."

Edited by Bricksandparts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, that sounds easy enough. default_satisfied.gif

(To Olinn) Do you think we should ask him where to find specific items? Or should we head out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"At some point we may want to check the docks for any traders. They may have the rarer items in their 'select' stock."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"At some point we may want to check the docks for any traders. They may have the rarer items in their 'select' stock."

HelpDeskNPCpicture.png

"They may have some stock there, I've never really checked. The market-place is where the most trading is dealt with."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Olinn shows Jobe the list of items they need.

"Uhm, d-do you know where we might find thses items?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Olinn shows Jobe the list of items they need.

"Uhm, d-do you know where we might find thses items?"

HelpDeskNPCpicture.png

"hmm..."

After looking at the list, he gets back to the group. He takes out a dusty map, clearly old.

MapofAdrenad2.jpg

"You can probably get the mythril and the other metals here." He points to a spot 'Mythril mines'.

"The venom, Voodoo Chalice, Elixir, mage boosters, wizard rum, and crystal chalice may be sold at the market-place."

"The demon blood will be from a sort of beast no doubt, I don't know where you'd find one though."

"The Tetonic potion... Hmm, I'm not su- Oh! I think you could get that from Sam's Tri potion shop!" He points to a spot 'Sam's Tri potion shop'.

"You may be able to get some spirit fog at a graveyard? He points to a spot 'Grave-yard'.

"I think I've heard of a saber-toothed beast near the Mythril mines, at a village. I can't remember the name, the miners there probably know where."

"Is there anything else you need help with?"

Edited by Bricksandparts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Is there a guild representative here with whom we can speak? My friends and I would like to know which currency we will utilize to obtain these materials: steel or gold. We have plenty if steel but or employer sent us without their gold."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Is there a guild representative here with whom we can speak? My friends and I would like to know which currency we will utilize to obtain these materials: steel or gold. We have plenty if steel but or employer sent us without their gold."

HelpDeskNPCpicture.png

"Hmm? I don't think I understand what you mean by 'steal' and 'gold'. Though if you want to speak to the officials, you can go see them on the upper floor, though to get there, you'll need authorization by adrarenad."

Jobe looks through his desk and finds a map of the facility.

"Here, you're at the 'Information Center'"

MapofInformationGuild-house.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is Adrarenad? And where can we find him?

"I believe 'Adrarenad' is the name of the city, Erdathcath." :wink: "Jobe was saying that we would need authorization from the city to go see the officials."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I would like to meet with the official or representatives as soon as possible. I believe we need to discuss a few issues."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Yes, we should definitely go to see the officials."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The party heads to go meet the officials. Just as Jobe had told them, a guard was sitting in a chair and they would need authorization. The guard looks up from a book to the party.

"*yawn and stretch* 'ello folks, what can I help you with?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoke uses his Diplomacy skill.

"Good day to you sir. My companions and I are from Eurobric Freeport on an errand from the Guild. We seek an audience with the city's official to discuss our current business. Such a meeting would be beneficial in speeding along our affairs to the mutual satisfaction of this city and our employers."

Hoke thought it best not to show to guard every document they had. If this sword was so important to send seasoned questers after, it may be wise to withhold certain amounts of information from those they came in contact with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.