Sign in to follow this  
Farrant

Winter Village: Winter Bookshop

indexed.gif B-OV-23B

Hi to all, finally I found the courage to post my MOC for the contest, hope you like it. Soon more photos on my Flickr page.

According to the traditions, I think that can't miss a bookshop which sells traditional Christmas stories like A Christmas Carol or useful Christmas postcards.

Main photo that introduces the bookshop and its characters:

Main rsz

A gentleman who needs to buy some Christmas postcards to send and maybe a book of traditional tales

Bookshop outside rsz

Inside the bookshop. The main floor, the owner's private room and the attic

Bookshop inside 1st 2nd rsz

The minifigs all together

Minifigs rsz

On flickr (when public)Winter Bookshop

Happy holidays

Farrant

Excellent work on the nice big building, particularly the exterior, and a great original idea. Just about every village has a bookshop of some kind!

Also I have to give you props for your usage of the S5 Detective torso.

Wonderful looking bookshop 'Farrant', looks very 19th Century Charles Dickson era kind of store frontage. :classic:

Hope you and your family had a great Christmas......Brick On ! :sweet:

Thanks to all :sweet:

Speaking truthfully, I bet on the Dickens' mood but I also hope it fits the Winter Village atmosphere too :blush:

The Detective torso is the best one I found for the "old style" owner, I try to catch the Winter Village mood, among the "new" (like the children clothes in the official sets) and the pretty-vintage style (imho of course :wink: ) , like the bakery and toyshop buildings. The shelves is a stroke of genius consequently a lack of pieces to do furnitures :tongue: Glad you like it :cry_happy:

PS: for Christmas I received the Winter Bakery so it had been a great Christmas :wink:

Brick on (right? :wink: )

Farrant