Sign in to follow this  
Solidbrick

Building Groundplates - Get them now!

Hi,

I've been building a lot of castles and ports over the few days. But since the LDD doesn't have any other groundplates other then the flat ones I decided to make my own.

I don't own any of them in Lego so it took me a good few tries to find out what the look like from all angles. (Using building instructions and top view pictures as reference)

So far there were no problems while building anything. Everything fit on it nicely without a problem that I couldn't place a brick.

You can use the select color tool to easily change the ground, rock and lowered middle in plate 2 to any color you like.

Groundplate 1 pictures:

gp1p1.jpg

gp1p2.jpg

gp1p3.jpg

Groundplate 2

gp2p1.jpg

gp2p2.jpg

gp2p3.jpg

Won't work in LDD

56340055.jpg

Does work for the plates

37790439.jpg

Castle set 6086 build on plate 2

exmpl.jpg

Now I'm working on the groundplate for the castle set 6090 and will soon update this post including it.

Hope you like it.

Download link on rapidshare (can't upload it here?) http://rapidshare.com/files/395234354/Models.7z.html

Let me know when the download limit is reached and I will upload it again.

Hi. Welcome to Eurobricks! Feel free to introduce yourself here.

Firstly, I must say that the baseplates are excellent and I'm sure they would be useful for LDD users who want to recreate existing sets or make their own new creations. But be aware that in an effort to reduce clutter, there is an existing topic for LDD piece alternatives here. Posting your creations there will allow more exposure to your efforts.

As another recommendation, SkyDrive from Microsoft is a free file hosting alternative. Unlike RapidShare, there are no download limits. Give it a try!

The LDD custom bricks are grouped in this topic.

Unfortunately, it seems there is the same problem with the baseplate 6024.

Usually you could try to pull out the baseplate from the Sets that use it, but this time it seems that there are not sets that uses it.

About baseplate 2552 zinfinion shared an improved version here.

So the only thing that remains to do is to rebuild the baseplate 6024 basing on the exhaustive images that Solidbrick leave us.

Do you think are you able to do this work?

Does anyone saved the lxf file of the baseplate 6024 before it got lost?

Thanks!

I'll add these baseplates to my brickshelf account and I'll provide the extra link for the custom brick topic.

PS: I see two more baseplates! Are that your creations? You could add that in the custom bricks topic.