TassemetZateki

Hello from Tassemet Zateki!

Greetings everyone!

My name's Tassemet Zateki (or just Tass for short) and I've been lurking on the Eurobrick forum for a few months now and figured it's now time to just register so I can ask questions about building things! By and large, I'm a studless Technic builder and I've been doing it since I was in my early teens through until now, of which I am currently twenty five.

My experience with Lego has been expansive and exhaustive, and I've participated in everything from First Lego League (both coaching and participating as a kid) to First Tech Challenge which was a metal platform powered by Lego Mindstorms NXT bricks. When I was younger, I ran Lego RCX in classrooms as part of the Mars challenge series, and later converted to Lego NXT so I could reprogram the brick and program it in Robot C, a custom C Language written by Carnegie Melon specifically for FTC (for both autonomous and manual operations). This allowed me to work with motor encoders, IR functions, ultrasonic applications, etc.

Now that I'm older, I've kept the NXT brick with Robot C still onboard, though I am looking to potentially upgrade to the new Ev3 kit, but in the meantime, I am focusing on building up my technic part collection through Ebay bulk buys, good deals I find, and buying new sets to build! My current collection is a wack ton of Bionicle parts, sorted bulk parts, TLG's Porsche, the MK2 Crane (for the second time since I sold it once, then bought it back due to moving and space issues which I no longer have), and I just bought the Mercedes Arocks to learn and play with pneumatics as I hope to get into them in the future of my builds.

A little about my personal (non-Lego) life: I'm active in the US military, 25, about to be engaged, and I have two beehives. Also, I'm on season 2 of game of thrones. I previously had a Scion FR-S which I totaled, so now lego has once again become my hobby while I drive my new jeep.

I look forward to interesting and great discussions of LEGO with any and all of you!
Cheers!

5 hours ago, deraven said:

Welcome to EB, Tass!  Happy building!  :classic:

Cheers! Im already in the process of putting together the Mercedes Arocks as we speak... though my love for building beverages and game of thrones season two has me not as focused as I should be haha