Sign in to follow this  
camellia

[MOC] 4 Axes Robotic Arm

Hello, I have designed a 4 Axes Robotic Arm with LEGO bricks, LEGO servo motors and my DIY PCB.

Fig. 1 The old design of the 4 Axes Robotic Arm.

home-robotarm4.jpg

Fig. 2 The modified design of the 4 Axes Robotic Arm.

robotarm4-img16.jpg

Fig. 3 & 4  Bottom servo motor. The first axes: It rotates from -180 degree to +180 degree in the horizontal plane. Two gears are used to reduce speed. A Large Servo Motor is used.

robotarm4-img1.jpg

robotarm4-img12.jpg

Fig. 5  Middle servo motor. The second axes: It rotates from -45 degree to 20 degree in the vertical plane to lift the robot arm. Two gears are used to reduce speed and keep robot arm's pose. A Large Servo Motor is used.

robotarm4-img2.jpg

Fig. 6 & 7 In the modified design, a more bigger gear is used, in order to provide better pose keeping.

robotarm4-img18.jpg

robotarm4-img19.jpg

Fig. 8 & 9 A connecting rod is used to assist the second axes.

robotarm4-img14.jpg

robotarm4-img20.jpg

Fig. 10 Top rear servo motor. The third axes: It rotates from -180 degree to +180 degree in the vertical plane to lift the robot wrist. A Large Servo Motor is used.

robotarm4-img4.jpg

Fig. 11 In the the modified design, two gears are used to keep robot arm's post.  Also using a rod to fulfill larger scale movement.

robotarm4-img15.jpg

Fig. 12  Top front servo motor. The fourth axes: It rotates from 0 degree to 360 degree to make the robot wrist spin. A medium motor is used. The finger could be changed to a screw driver, a color pencil, a paw, or as you like.

robotarm4-img5.jpg

Fig. 13 In old design, a Gyroscope is mounted to record the trace of the robot arm.

robotarm4-img6.jpg

Fig. 14 This is very important. As we know, a lot of foundation bolts are used to keep a real robotic arm stable, especially during its operating. Four boxes are used to fulfill this function. Heavy or high density materials can be put into these boxes to keep this robotic arm stable.

robotarm4-img21.jpg

Fig. 15 My DIY PCB is hided in the bottom box. The block at side is the DIY wireless module. Connecting this wireless module to a PC, I can control this robotic arm in PC via wireless.

robotarm4-img22.jpg

Fig. 16 PC control panel. These 4 servo motors can be controlled by a logic program, or by real-time control signals. The speed, or the moving direction of each motor can be changed at any time. The axes can run in a pre-set time, or in a pre-set angle.

robotarm4-img9.jpg

Fig. 17 Family photo.

robotarm4-img23.jpg

Please kindly visit: http://www.camellia.xin/models/robotarm4.html

Edited by camellia