Sign in to follow this  
Sir Gareth

What Works in the Licensed Forum that Doesn't in the Star Wars Forum?

@Captain Nemo's had to interfere once, if even, in the last week, while moderating the Star Wars forum is a daily, sometimes hourly, affair for the entire staff.

So, what's the deal?

What works in the Licensed forum that doesn't in the Star Wars forum?

Edited by Sir Gareth

It wasn't that long ago that the licensed forum was just as bad as the SW one. There were full on DC or Marvel flame wars... then things got split between the two and that stuff stopped.

It seems that it's down to 'leaking'... the leakers know stuff... and share bits here and there but it's the fake leakers that really throw it at the fan. Then we can expect page after page of name calling and all that fun stuff that follows along with endless wish listing. I actually think it's about the age of the average member in there. I'm going to guess it's hovering around 13 years old (I'm not joking on that). It's by far the most immature place on this entire board. There are people on there that may just be old enough to actually be members of this board now but I've seen full on 'toys-out-of-the-pram' behaviour from people.

It's basically the kindergarten of the board.

How much time you got?

Kidding! But seriously, I don't have that much time to type up a full response. Overall, there is usually only a thread or two that create all of the trouble. We try to monitor it as best we can, and I strive to be firm but fair...but it doesn't always work out. Too many members feel they can do whatever they want and not follow the rules. What they forget is this board is run by us and we have some rules and guidelines that need to be followed for specific reasons. Nope, they don't need to be explained, just know that most all of the rules have been developed because someone, at some time, decided to do something, and that caused us to create a rule.

Does that kinda help or not really?