Rustinidiel

[MOC] Dharma Initiative Van

Hi, I made this moc because i love the Tv Show "Lost" and want make a little diorama with the van in the jungle

For inspiration I started to the VW Van (10220 set) but it isn't in minifig scale... than I searched some mocs but the most used techniques for recreating the van are a bit different from the original design or are very ugly in my opinion... some days ago I found on the closed official LDD Gallery one project and i love it, simple, smooth and very similar to the original VW Van... (http://ldd.us.lego.com/it-it/gallery/935a5824-b515-4b84-b5b1-fdaa79fd9754?index=62&searchword=van&from=96)

after a couple of days redesigning the moc for make more strong the structural connections and changing some detail, i finally fninished the van

ofcourse i will change the "tile round 2x2" in the front with a personalized one showing the "Dharma logo"

33915441446_38f15cd82e_o.png1 by Rusty B., su Flickr

33915438136_7d5c8fb759_o.png2 by Rusty B., su Flickr

33915435286_9423a0599f_o.png3 by Rusty B., su Flickr

33826405981_35690f85b9_o.png4 by Rusty B., su Flickr

You can see some other pics on my Flickr

What do you think? comments are welcome

P.S.: I want to change the doors with a singular sliding door... but for now i have not a good idea to recreate it mantaining the clean design and the proportion..

I was suspecting this to be buried in the jungle a bit..

Overall it looks good. For some reason I'd expect a more medium blue to be used.

Either way, it should fit into a town setting (or jungle) quite well.

15 minutes ago, TheLegoDr said:

I was suspecting this to be buried in the jungle a bit..

Overall it looks good. For some reason I'd expect a more medium blue to be used.

Either way, it should fit into a town setting (or jungle) quite well.

thanks for your comment!!

this is the main "clean" design project... for the jungle diorama it will look dirty and scratched

I used the blue color... for not reason... now i try to do in medium blue

Edit: I checked on bricklink... and i can't do the van in "medium blue" or other blue tone... because some parts, as the doors hinge exists only in "blue" tone

Edited by Rustinidiel