Sign in to follow this  
Tom Jurassic

Does Anyone Know If LEGO Still Has The Jurassic World License?

Hey All,

Just a question I am interested in as with the 25th Anniversary for Jurassic Park next year, it could potentially be that previous JP ideas have been axed in favour of sets releasing next year? Wild speculation of course, but there is talk of a 25th Anniversary toyline in addition to Jurassic World 2 toys, so I hope that we still see LEGO for the license. It is important to note that Mattel (Who own Mega Construx) have the master license now, but I am hoping that LEGO still make the construction sets for the line.

Look forward to any contributions and answers.

Tom

I cannot comment on the status of the license itself (as in who actually has it currently, I don't know), but presumably if Lego does have the Jurassic World license, it would only amount to sets being made when the films of the franchise are released, when the sets would be at their peak popularity. Ideas sets being axed are unfortunate side affect of licenses being picked up by Lego first/instead, but those submitting the licensed-ideas take that risk when they are basing their set off a third-party property which they have no actual stake in.   

For what it's worth, I seem to recall the Jurassic World sets being surprisingly popular and they required Lego to up production after a serious drought of JW sets left the store shelves empty for weeks, at least in the US. 

2 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

I cannot comment on the status of the license itself (as in who actually has it currently, I don't know), but presumably if Lego does have the Jurassic World license, it would only amount to sets being made when the films of the franchise are released, when the sets would be at their peak popularity. Ideas sets being axed are unfortunate side affect of licenses being picked up by Lego first/instead, but those submitting the licensed-ideas take that risk when they are basing their set off a third-party property which they have no actual stake in.   

For what it's worth, I seem to recall the Jurassic World sets being surprisingly popular and they required Lego to up production after a serious drought of JW sets left the store shelves empty for weeks, at least in the US. 

Very interesting - thank you for the information, Captain Nemo. There are rumours that the original film may see a theatrical re-release next year, so maybe there really is a chance of us getting LEGO Jurassic Park sets...

Lego, please be involved in this, please! At least something that gets us figures from the first movie! I'm really getting ahead of myself, but the Simpsons theme was because of that show's 25th anniversary as well, and they got two sets and two series of CMFs.

16 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Lego, please be involved in this, please! At least something that gets us figures from the first movie! I'm really getting ahead of myself, but the Simpsons theme was because of that show's 25th anniversary as well, and they got two sets and two series of CMFs.

Ideally I'd love one big set with something like Ten Minifigures, A JP Jeep, a JP Explorer, and the Big Gates as well as a T-Rex and two Raptors. Unrealistic, I know, but I think it would be a good way to give us everything we could want from the first film in one D2C set.