Sign in to follow this  
TheOneVeyronian

[MOC] Horror Hound

I've really been in an MOC'ing mood lately. Partly because every person I know strangely hasn't been around for days, partly because I have nothing better to really do, and partly because there's an MOC contest over on BZP which I'd thought I'd try entering (and probably lose as usual :laugh: ). And since the theme of the contest is Halloween, it was a perfect excuse to finally build something I've been wanting to build for a long time: a horror hound creature :devil:

22294463522_148daf5aa7_z.jpg

So yeah, when I saw the theme of the latest BBC contest on BZPower, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. It was basically an excuse to put all those delicious Spring Yellowish Green parts from the Ninjago Possession sets I've been stocking up on to good use! I would have really liked to have made the Horror Hound Dark Blue instead of Black, but eh, no Dark Blue CCBS exists sadly :sad:

I really like how the head came out on this model, and really it all stemmed from the desire to use the Skull Army armour add-on as a jaw piece, and it was more successful than I originally thought it would be.

So fear the night of All Hallow's Eve, for the Horror Hound is here to hunt you down and consume your soul... :devil_laugh:

And some more pictures for your viewing delight... try not to get too scared now :devil:

22294463842_55b6bf23a5_z.jpg

21684649274_07bbdf5bb9_z.jpg

22307379925_2d09e79e6e_z.jpg

dscn6722.jpg

dscn6726.jpg

Anyway, enjoy. Comments, constructive criticism and the like much appreciated :classic:

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

Really cool)

A perfect use for Sauron's eyes)

And I like a lot of spikes on it's back)

When I read the name of this topic, I immidiatly thought about Cerberus)

21ae311018a9ab22b965a7db5ee27a81.jpg

So I suppose your hound can look a way more nicer whith two o three heads))

Really cool)

A perfect use for Sauron's eyes)

And I like a lot of spikes on it's back)

When I read the name of this topic, I immidiatly thought about Cerberus)

So I suppose your hound can look a way more nicer whith two o three heads))

Those aren't Sauron's eyes, they're 1x1 round tiles with flames from the Chima line :classic:

And my gosh - how did I not think of doing a Cerberus MOC? Now I wish I'd done three heads for it :laugh:

Nice MOC, but the head looks kinda messy for me.

I personally don't see the messiness in the head :look: Unless of course you mainly refer to the random dark gray liftarms which could make it appear messy - couldn't help it though, I was caught out and run out of black ones, and since this was a competition entry, I didn't have time to wait around for pieces to arrive from BL. Reminds me, I really need to order some black 1x2 liftarms :laugh: