Very cool idea, maybe not the best performance but certainly a Lego first! :thumbup: Looks very futuristic.

Are those 94.4 x 44R wheels?

TLH

Edited by TwentyLeggedHen

Great work! But does it support the weight okay, even when you lift the car, or does it simply fall off?

Edited by Zblj

Amazingly cool..like to see pictures of the hubless design to understand how it is build.

Great work! But does it support the weight okay, even when you lift the car, or does it simply fall off?

Me too. This is very interesting to me.

Mike

This is so cool-looking. I only wonder if it could go faster, seems terribly slow...

Agreed, this car is extremely snazzy. I think it could be made to go faster if the medium-size or large pulley wheels were used?

Great looking car and an original idea. It needs bespoke tyres, or at least some other tyre like thing to make contact with the ground and work with your set up. You could, for example, use tracks. You car will set many a lego technic brain thinking now. Good job.

H :thumbup:

looks great but if you look at the video you can see the big issue with hubless wheels ... you need the friction between the tyre/wheel and the drive system to be larger than that between the tyres and the ground ... if you look the front right wheel at one point just slides rather than rolls

if you switched to a smooth lego tyre (like the unimog) you might get better traction

as to why .... because they look cool on a concept car having no wheel centres ... been used in lots of sci fi too ...completely useless in reality tho

Thank you all for the comments! Quiz first know if it was possible to make a car with this concept, unable to greater speed due to the total weight and friction in wheel system. Getting to walk and turn with hubless has made me glad! Of course if it was faster it would be much better. In practice this system is used in a functional way motocilcletas in cars only in prototypes thereof. Follows more pictures and another video, thanks guys!

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=538313

reminds me of the Nike one car, definetley a lego first.

maybe using the halfire droid wheels would work better as they have teeth on the inside

Very interesting idea of wheel construction. Looks and works awesome but too slow. It'll be cooler if this car moves faster but I'm not sure that it's possible in such size(

Anyway, very original and unusual.