Xyver

Modular City layout

I've posted some photos of my modified modulars in this thread, but I've finally taken some decent photos of the whole city put together.

This layout is part of the Brick Events train layout and taken at the Gold Coast Brick Event last weekend.

DSC_0096_zpsbbfbfb6c.jpg

DSC_0103_zpsed10bfb3.jpg

DSC_0052_zpsdaf0fc11.jpg

DSC_0055_zps4673c051.jpg

DSC_0056_zps49dc0e41.jpg

DSC_0057_zps21a60aa5.jpg

DSC_0053_zps3cad1014.jpg

DSC_0054_zps8c828360.jpg

DSC_0058_zpsb206ad18.jpg

DSC_0061_zps160acc0f.jpg

DSC_0063_zps747ea4b9.jpg

DSC_0100_zps1a1a0de1.jpg

DSC_0060_zps4d1e6e84.jpg

DSC_0064_zpsa51f5c34.jpg

DSC_0062_zps1899bc4c.jpg

Cool layout 'Xyver', I like the cherry picker truck and of course that blue/white multistorey is so Gold Coast ! :grin:

Brick On 'Xyver' ! :grin:

Awesome layout there!! I hope the show went well for you all!! My favourite is your modified town house from the pet shop modular, but your MOCs all look great too!!

Fantastic work and happy building :laugh:

I thought the blue and white building looks great! Great busy streets! and is that guy on the stretcher a victim of an alien attack? lastly, I can see you! haha!!

Love the layout!! Great use of official sets ans well as MOC's. Good to see the DeLorean in a prominant spot...!!!! :grin:

Although not really visible in these shots, there is a shark coming out of the cinema marquee to resemble the ad for Jaws 19 in BttF2. I put this on there the first time I displayed my cinema, even before the DeLorean was released, but it's even more fitting now.

Good job with the corner modular house (that came with the Pet Shop). That's tricky to pull off, but you've managed it very effectively. And I'm digging the Hotel! Your city certainly is species diverse and I love how there's a lot of things going on wherever you look.

What a great layout. I like to see all the details like the Lady Liberty fountain and the butcher trying to coax a dog out of the pet shop with a big ole T-bone :tongue: The subway is a clever addition too.

The modified pet store and townhouse are very impressive. Are they fully furnished interiors?

Nice work! :classic:

The modified pet store and townhouse are very impressive. Are they fully furnished interiors?

Nice work! :classic:

No, I don't furnish my interiors. As these buildings are only ever on display as part of a layout, I never get around to doing anything inside as you can't see in there.

Nice layout, can i ask how you go about your layout do you plan it out first all do you just start putting things together and adjust as you go :sweet:

Although not really visible in these shots, there is a shark coming out of the cinema marquee to resemble the ad for Jaws 19 in BttF2. I put this on there the first time I displayed my cinema, even before the DeLorean was released, but it's even more fitting now.

Haha I caught that! Great detail on a great layout!

Nice layout, can i ask how you go about your layout do you plan it out first all do you just start putting things together and adjust as you go :sweet:

I built the buildings first, which I have done over the last couple of years, so they have been in various layouts in that time. When it came time to put them all together for my section of a larger layout, it was agreed that I was to have 6x4 baseplates, so I just arranged them in the best way I could in the allotted space. The reason my hotel (blue and white building) isn't the full 32 wide is because we have a train running along that section so I had to make a narrower building to allow for the track. So in that case, the layout came first, I then built around it.

That is also the reason for the vacant space between the Fire Brigade and my hospital - the train turns there and runs along a raised track behind the buildings back to the other end of the table. My Pet Shop MODs evolved because I wanted something more than a straight road along the front and thought a couple of corners up to the hosiptal might look good. I then had to build them to fit my roads.