JaytheRobot

MSFC: High Orbit

High Orbit:

8417666612_e7e4edc4f8_c.jpg

8417568848_aebbda4c43_c.jpg

8417704610_dc8c6376ae_c.jpg

High above Earth in orbit, a small service module rendezvous with a cargo freighter, just returned from asteroid mining space. The crew aboard the freighter are more than happy to switch places with the lads aboard the SM. They've been dreaming of hot meals, fresh water, and a real shower for what seems like ages. Those aboard the SM are nervous, but eager to earn the hefty paychecks deep space mining has to offer.

Whew! Heard about this contest a few days ago, and inspired by Kerbal Space Program, I knocked this together in an afternoon. I wish my parts were a bit more robust to allow for a rounder Earth, but overall I'm pleased with the end result.

Any feedback is welcome!

Edited by JaytheRobot

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: I like in particularly the big ship :wink:

Good job making a micro Earth. Great idea for the sides of the big (well, bigger) ship.

I LOVE the backside of your build... It's such a little touch but adds so much IMHO.

Really nice idea and great execution! :thumbup:

The micro Earth is great! Once I figured it out, well, once I red a post from someone else who figured it out, the outsid nd inside of Earth is great. The, cargo freighter shows a lot of imagination as well.

Andy D

Indeed very nicely done! :classic: It reminds me of the International Space Station set I had a few years ago...

Now I think about that, where the heaven is that laying around? *runs away*