Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Halloween 06: STUDIOS: Werewolf Ambush 1380 Review

Cindi and Mark are taking a shortcut home through the country forest. Cindi looks at Mark rather frightened and says, "I don't like this road Mark, let's turn back". Mark laughs, then responds angrily, "this shortcut through the woods will save us almost an hour". As the two young friends continue to drive through the woods, they can't help to notice the full-moon above the dark trees.

"Oh, this is too creepy", Cindi says with worry. THUMP! "What's that ahead in the road", Mark asks? They slow down as an eerie tree in the forest begins to move toward them, almost alive with dreadful eyes. A lupine figure stands before them in the road!

"Aaaahhhh"! Mark yells as he nearly jumps out of the car! Cindi moves into the drivers seet to steer away. It is too late for the young friends; however, for no one can escape the Werewolf Ambush *skull* .

Werewolf Ambush

Set # 1380

Released 2002

Price: $10 U.S. Dollars

Pieces: 110

A wonderful Studios set, Werewolf Ambush is among my favorite(s) of the Studios collection.

A view of the box:

boxfront.jpg

And backside:

boxback.jpg

What I like most about the set (aside from the figs), is the classic green adventure car:

vehicle1.jpg

It definately blends in nicely with those cars/jeeps from the Adventurers Desert/Mummy sets:

vehicle2.jpg

Not as impressive is the spooky tree:

treefront.jpg

I like the eyes though and how the upper section of the tree can swivel to allow the tree to move:

treefront2.jpg

The back of the tree has a controller box to turn on/off and adjust the effects:

treeback.jpg

Not to mention a pull pin that allows the tree to topple over when pulled:

treepin.jpg

The figs are great:

figsserious.jpg

And most fun are the turnable heads to change the expressions of the figs to show fright:

figsscared.jpg

Not shown is an extra torso for the Werewolf very similar to that of the picture, but the upper/collar section of the shirt is open to show the werewolf's chest hairs.

SUMMARY:

Werewolf Ambush is an excellent set for the price. I was able to obtain mine on clearance a year or two after the release. If you are considering buying this set on EBay or other secondary market, I would highly recommend it. It's a great set, esp. around this time of year!

as i said in the Studio Monster sets thread... this set is excellent. and definitely my fav from the line...

my only complaint is that the Lady looks so much better in a dress. i wish they would have designed the car so that she could "sit" in the car with the dress on. doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do ???

(i like your little tale too Brickster ;-) )

- BrickMiner

Damnit, I really need to stop reading these things, now there's ANOTHER set on my list to get *sad* :-P

Excellent review

I agree. Ebay, here I come :-P