Sign in to follow this  
Plastic Nurak

[Good News] K'NEX Fans Hate Bricks

I was surfing into K'NEX community site and I've been nicely surprised by the fact K'NEX fans don't use for T(heir)OC new semi-clone bricks and plates, but only traditional K'NEX elements (see here, for a example). This news will like to those EB members complaining the K'NEX products are falling into clone market; fans' love for pure elements could persuade K'NEX boards to back to old design, leaving out the bricks.

Edited by Plastic Nurak

I was surfing into K'NEX community site and I've been nicely surprised by the fact K'NEX fans don't use for T(heir)OC new semi-clone bricks and plates, but only traditional K'NEX elements (see here, for a example). This news will like to those EB members complaining the K'NEX products are falling into clone market; fans' love for pure elements could persuade K'NEX boards to back to old design, leaving out the bricks.

Hi. Being an Avid Knex Fan, I have collected knex for about 12 years. Your right on the fact that none of the members on sites like K'NEX community site or sscoasters, like where knex is going with their bricks. What used to be an amazing company, is now gone way to far away from their original elements.

But I can't agree with your second statement. Knex has possibly the worst Customer service I have ever expierienced. The last thing they do is listen to their customers. They do not care whether they are losing the majority of their faithful customers by introducing bricks. Some of the new sets are just awful looking. So I'm afriad they will continue to switch to mostly bricks, as it makes them more money. They simply do not care about their customers thoughts.

This is where I'm slowly being drawn to Lego more. The few Lego sets I have,(8043 excavator being the best example) Lego's customer service has been fantastic. I mean, getting replacement parts for free? Fixing a model so it works better? Those are unheard of in Knex. Honestly, Knex stopped answering my emails, because I emailed too much. I asked for a replacment part once, because mine came broken, and they gave me a link too their store, where with S&H it was 12 bucks. I never was a fan of Lego, but now I am slowly making the switch, beacuse of the quality of their sets and custumer service.

This sounds like a long-term trend, not something new. If the company hasn't paid any heed to it by now, they're not going to.

But I can't agree with your second statement. Knex has possibly the worst Customer service I have ever experienced.

It's very sad to read your experience and frustration. I'd live it as a treason :sad: .

This sounds like a long-term trend, not something new. If the company hasn't paid any heed to it by now, they're not going to.

But if the company has kept itself into the market for all those years before the changeover to the brick, it means that it could survive with its own market share. In this case, we can't say there's been the risk of a failure, but an increase of greed by K'NEX owners.

Edited by Plastic Nurak