Elostirion

[ESL - FB1] The Cotton Lady (Class 2T)

25165566505_86b2cb1ec0_c.jpg

For years Captain Rialdo Montoja has sailed The Cotton Lady under the banner of the Fontonajo

family in the new world, transporting not only their cotton but also other goods to and from Nova

Terreli mostly. Just yesterday they have left the port again and set sails for a new journey - for

wealth and riches.

The Cotton Lady (or ye old lady as most sailors call her) is a Cog (Class 2T), with the sole purpose

of transporting goods for trading. It's neither fast nor strong (that single cannon on its golden wheels

really does not serve much of an actual military purpose), and it does not have nor require much of

a crew. But it can and does transport lots of goods in the new world.

24797865299_3c8cb7571f.jpg 25072322411_94b6a298ac.jpg

25139220826_d2b1733365_z.jpg 25165569885_9ed918d6d5_z.jpg

24538745343_b659051d42_z.jpg 24869947690_0b9e3f1c56_z.jpg

What a lovely ship pirate_wubnew.gif I have the strong urge to cuddle her... hope pirates don't get that, too pirate_laugh2.gif

Many rather unconventional techniques, such as the yards, ratlines and the hull itself, but to me it totally works out. I really like the copper roofing and your attention to detail.

Great, clean build and on top of that a equally nice presentation.

Keep it up!

Aye, she's a fine plum ship. I think the Sea Rats would look forward to meeting her. pirate_classic.gif

Good presentation too.

I love the shape of this ship! The sand green for copper roofing is great, and the cluttered deck really make it look like a small trade vessel. Well done!

A cute ship indeed! It reminds me of Playmobil (yes i wrote that foul word) Noa's Ark! It must carry waaaaaay much cotton so that can compliment your enterprises well! I like the background a lot too!

Great use of a perfect background. I love the originality of this build, and the complete lack of lego ship parts. The cluttered deck, the dog, the deck house, the female lookout...it all feels lke a real working ship. But I wonder if she rides a little high out of the water? One big wave and she could capsize, so better get some ballast in the hold!

Thanks for all the kind words. It was my first real Lego ship, glad you like it.

[...] But I wonder if she rides a little high out of the water? One big wave and she could capsize, so better get some ballast in the hold!

I know exactly what you mean. I planned on filling up with flat round 1x1 for about 2 cm of height, but I vastly overestimated the amount of flat round 1x1 in trans dark blue I had, so I ran quickly out of them and couldn't add proper water around the ship, unfortunately. But that's for my next ship then.

Excellent ship Elosterion, that hull is great! Very nice editing as well. She looks like she could haul quite a cargo!

:thumbup:

Nice job on the custom hull and in building an older type of vessel. It's really smooth and the presentation is simply beautiful. But it does look like it's sailing on top of the water rather than in it. Good work anyway. :classic:

That's really good shaping you've done!

I agree that she sits too high in the water, but this design would be perfect for a ship in a drydock as there is no cheating with "the round part is below the water" (i.e. the table) :wink:

The presentation is also lovely with that background :classic:

Another lovely, broadbeamed, oldfashioned vessel there! I like the overall look of her, and the rigging is really nice. The busy decks and that small cabin works very well, and I like the story too. :pir-sweet:

As others have said, she seems to ride very high in the water, and I think she is a bit too broad to her length. However, the technique you have used for the hull looks really nice, and with a few tweaks, I am sure you could also construct a sleeker, more sweet-sailing, and more modern vessel! :pir-blush:

Great work!

Edited by Bregir