Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

[ESL-FB] Small home and cordwainer’s shop

This is the home of Albertus and Jannetje Stoutenburg in Weelond.

front1.jpg

Their son is a crew member aboard the Lady of Madrice in the service of the MCTC, but Albertus never understood the calling of the sea. Nevertheless, to be closer to his son, the family moved to Weelond on An Holli. But Albertus likes his feet planted firmly on land. He learned the craft of working with leather at an early age, apprenticed with a cobbler, and has been a cordwainer ever since. Albertus and Jannetje maintain this tidy little home on the edge of the commercial district of town, and Albertus uses the prime location to maintain his shop from the comfort of his home.

businessside.jpg

He maintains a commercial storefront from the side of the house. Although Albertus mainly makes shoes and boots, he also works on other leather items such as belts, pouches, baldrics, and various leather fittings.

customer.jpg

Jannetje makes sure the front flowerbeds are always presentable, but Albertus bricked up one of the windows for wall space needed in his shop.

front2.jpg

frontqtr.jpg

At the corner of a busy crossroads in Weelond, the picturesque house is a local landmark.

back.jpg

Edited by Capt Wolf

So well done!

The boundaries of the roof stand out for me, those really define the style/atmosphere and do a great job about it.

Great atmosphere. The conversion with the storefront and the bricked up window is a nice touch. I can learn from your color scheme. You do a nice job with breaking up the all the light tan. And I have to get me a lot of those round 2x2 to make those kind of roads. They add to any city scene.

A really well built house. Solid, nice colors, effective roof technique and nice surroundings. And that sign is also fitting. Good business my friend!

A beautiful little house with just the right amount of details all around. It looks very authentic, and I like its colours and composition. As others have said, that bricked up window is a nice touch, and I generally like how many different era-appropriate vocations we see represented.

Great work - and if you need it, I approve pirate_satisfied.gif

Beautiful house. :pir-wub: The scale is perfect for the base and the style and colors are nice. Working and selling from the home is a good period idea, and the sign over the door is a good feature. I like all the different windows, and the two on either side of the roof are integrated well. The cobblestone and landscaping add a lot to the presentation besides just having a lone house sitting there. Good work. :classic:

Very nice build, great choice of color for the roof! The vines on the back are a very nice touch! :thumbup:

Very nice house Capt. Wolf, excellent roof, and the color-scheme of the entire build is great! pirate_wink.gif