Bennemans

[MOC] - Butcher shop

As a brother to my Dairy Shop (see http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=105597), I've just finished the second addition to my WIP; Old Town Square: a Butcher Shop!

16343080627_c377904039_o.jpg

Butcher by Bennemans1984, on Flickr

This shop has been in the family for centuries! It's well known among the locals for its fresh products and great service! Mr Butcher likes to keep his little stoop nice and clean for his customers.

Primarily using the colors black, dark brown, dark tan and olive green, this building is noticeably darker than my Dairy Shop.

It has plenty of elaborate wood carvings, including the bell-gable, the windows and the carving of a pig above the door of the shop.

Outside, the butcher has displayed some dried sausages, a table with meat sauces and gravies, and some meats.

16502983586_7eb4c0a40e_o.jpg

In the window, the townsfolk can salivate over the meat, poultry and pork displayed there.

16342718229_5f5a353244_o.jpg

Mr. Butcher takes pride in his family business!

16341537090_36f6119679_o.jpg

At the back is a little extension, which serves as the staff entrance to the butcher shop.

The front door to the apartment above the shop is situated at the back as well.

(of course the apartment is fully furnished, with a kitchen/living above the shop, and a bed/bathroom in the attic)

Hope you guys like! :pir-laugh:

[excuse the poor quality of the photos, don't have a great camera]

Edited by Bennemans

Oh, man this is so awesomely COOL.......and now we know where the little pig who went to market went to in the end ! :laugh:

Keep them coming and Brick On 'Bennemans' ! :grin:

Very nice shop, with a lot of amazing detail. I only hope that the foods for sale aren't old as the building ...

Nice design with a great colour scheme! I like how you've framed the pig above the front entrance.

Any interior shots?

Thanks everybody for the kind words!

Any interior shots?

Beautiful! Do you have any shots from the interior?

As this is not a modular, interior shots are very hard to do without destroying half my creation… but with the sweat of my brow I did manage to take some photos! I didn't spend too much time on the interior, so don't expect anything spectacular!

The shop has a counter, and shelving for cuts of meat and jars and bottles. In the back of the shop there's another counter space (not pictured) where the butcher can prepare the meats. There's also a washroom (brown door to the right).

The small apartment above has a kitchen/living, with a small kitchenette, a table with two chairs, a red loveseat and a cabinet with a flatscreen tv on it

Upstairs is the bedroom with a queen-sized bed and a small dresser. The bathroom (not pictured) has a toilet, shower and sink.

t6R125h.jpg

Aw this is just as good, if not better than your earlier work. This overall WIP is going to look epic :classic:

Good damn gravy, that's an amazing build! I don't know which little tricks I like more, the maladjusted board shingles on the awning or the drawn pig in the window.

Edited by Colossus

Wow this is packed with amazing detail. Somehow it feels both fantastical and earthy at the same time. Love your color choices. Well done!

What a rare piece of art ...I like the old style architecture with wood! :thumbup:

The roof is the icing on the cake! :wub:

Thank you very much! The roof took 311 (mostly olive green) cheese slopes!