Jim

[TC5] Technic C-Model Contest - Information Topic

15371659988_514fcc9021_b.jpg

(Dedicated to Grohl, the best C-Model builder Eurobricks has ever known.)

Technic C-Model Contest

Our last contest was dedicated to Model Team, a tricky contest to enter. Listening to your opinion it became clear that having an alternative build (C-Model) contest is highly anticipated.

So hopefully you will enjoy this contest. It's a contest well worth to enter since we have great prizes :wub:

DESCRIPTION

Build an alternate LEGO Model out of one or two existing LEGO Technic sets. The total part count for the set(s) you use can't exceed 600, so you can either use a single set containing 600 parts or less or use two (different) sets with a combined part count of 600 or less. You can't use 600 parts of a 1200 part set. Since 2005 is the year I came out of my dark ages, I am also imposing a release date limit. The set(s) need to be released in the year 2005 or later.

For example:

Use two (different) sets: 144 parts + 186 parts = 330 parts

15532830075_e731b91fd7_m.jpg15533651922_bdee9064f3_m.jpg

Use a single set: 499 parts

15347180260_27240b0b13_m.jpg

DEADLINE

Deadline date is November 30th, 2014. Contest will be closed on Monday the 1st, so you will have the entire Sunday to build.

CONTEST SPECIFIC RULES AND REGULATIONS

• Set(s) not older than 2005.
  • You c.an't use the same set twice.
  • 8293 PF Motor Set is not allowed.
  • 8287 Motor Box Set is not allowed.
  • Only original stickers can be used, but they are not mandatory (so they can be omitted).
  • Single set part count or combined set part count can't exceed 600 parts.
  • You can't use 600 parts of a 1200 part set (see previous rule).
  • Nathanael Kuipers is disqualified because he is a professional C-modeller! :tongue:

GENERAL RULES AND RESTRICTIONS

• The contest is open to all EB members (also new members).
  • Members who joined EB after the start of the contest can be banned from voting (when vote rigging is suspected).
  • Voting rules will be explained later in the voting topic.
  • One entry per member.
  • Entries need to be new (never posted anywhere previously).
  • Only physical builds, so no LDD or other virtual entry.
  • If you have any doubts about the suitability of your entry contact me.
  • All entries are to include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.
  • No cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.
  • Entries are to be placed in the entry topic in this forum.
  • Entries not in the entry topic are not eligible for voting.
  • The entry post may be edited at any time up to the end of the contest, so feel free to make improvements if you wish.
  • We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow these rules.
  • These rules can be changed whenever we see fit to ensure that people follow the intent of the contest.
  • Staff members are not eligible for winning prizes.

WHAT DO I NEED TO ENTER?

All participant need to create a discussion topic and create a post in the entry topic.

DISCUSSION TOPIC

• A discussion topic starting with [TC5].

ENTRY POST

The entry post in the entry topic should contain:

• Entry name
  • Short summary of the functions.
  • One or more images
  • Optional (single) video
  • Link to the discussion topic

PRIZES

I'm proud to announce these great prizes we have for our top 3 contestants :wub:

Special thanks to TLG for making this possible! :thumbup:

1st Prize

42030 - Volvo L350F Wheel Loader or 42009 - Mobile Crane MK II

15347845548_45257b8143_m.jpg15510304036_2f61f0f43b_m.jpg

2nd Prize

42025 - Cargo Plane or 42000 - Grand Prix Racer or 42008 - Service Truck or 42029 - Customised Pick-Up Truck

14913821313_5545ae9dd4_m.jpg14913248774_a09c173f43_m.jpg

15347980687_deb982383c_m.jpg15510303966_9618a23a3b_m.jpg

3rd Prize

42028 - Bulldozer or 42005 - Monster Truck or any other available set for € 40 or less

15534830982_f9a0017191_m.jpg15510303936_ef67c40032_m.jpg

Cool entry!!!

can you combine 3 or more sets, if the part limit is under 600 pieces? Or you can use max 2 sets?

DESCRIPTION

Build an alternate LEGO Model out of one or two existing LEGO Technic sets. The total part count for the set(s) you use can't exceed 600, so you can either use a single set containing 600 parts or less or use two sets with a combined part count of 600 or less. Since 2005 is the year I came out of my dark ages, I am also imposing a release date limit. The set(s) need to be released in the year 2005 or later.

Edited by izorn

Build an alternate LEGO Model out of one or two existing LEGO Technic sets :wink:

@izorn :thumbup:

How do you come up with these questions :laugh:

No, if you use two sets, they need to be different. I will clarify the rules!

How do you come up with these questions :laugh:

No, if you use two sets, they need to be different. I will clarify the rules!

sorry :blush: , maybe the prizes drive me crazy :laugh::grin:

Is the PF Motor Set (8293) allowed?

Also, the set numbers are mixed up for the 2nd place. 42029 is the customized truck.

sorry :blush: , maybe the prizes drive me crazy :laugh::grin:

:laugh:

They are great, that's for sure!

It was a good question though. Didn't think of that.

And question from me. Can i build something from, for instance, 42009, but if i will use less than 600 pieces?

Is the PF Motor Set (8293) allowed?

Also, the set numbers are mixed up for the 2nd place. 42029 is the customized truck.

I mixed up the set numbers when changing the sequence. Thanks.

No, the PF motor set is not allowed. I will add that rule.

And question from me. Can i build something from, for instance, 42009, but if i will use less than 600 pieces?

No. The available part count needs to be 600 or less.

When will be the next Technic contest start? (I mean with the unlimited parts)

Seriously?!

I have an 8066 built, but I replaced all the red parts with black, and used the red parts in another build. Could I still make a C model out of it or not?

I have an 8066 built, but I replaced all the red parts with black, and used the red parts in another build. Could I still make a C model out of it or not?

Nope. No color changes!

What about the extra parts that come with a set? Are they part of the piece count?

The extra pieces are extra and can be used. They do not count towards the limit. Use the Brickset part count to determine the limit.

Seems like Jim is getting a hard time here for no reason....use common sense on what he had said below.... :wink:

Build an alternate LEGO Model out of one or two existing LEGO Technic sets. The total part count for the set(s) you use can't exceed 600, so you can either use a single set containing 600 parts or less or use two (different) sets with a combined part count of 600 or less. You can't use 600 parts of a 1200 part set. Since 2005 is the year I came out of my dark ages, I am also imposing a release date limit. The set(s) need to be released in the year 2005 or later.

• Set(s) not older than 2005.
  • You can't use the same set twice.
  • 8293 PF Motor Set is not allowed.
  • Single set part count or combined set part count can't exceed 600 parts.
  • You can't use 600 parts of a 1200 part set (see previous rule).
  • Nathanael Kuipers is disqualified because he is a professional C-modeller! :tongue:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

One important note regarding Bricksets (=Lego's) partcount and contained parts. I've entered my complete inventory of parts into a manualy created Excel sheet and discovered minor and major inconsistencies over and over again.

Examples: at the 42025 some gears and pins were missing completely @ Brickset. And although the partcount of 42009 is correct at first sight (2606), clicking on the list of parts shows a number of only 2257. It seems that the number of basic black connection pins never exceed 200, regardless if a set actually contains 201 or 400 of them.

Rebrickable is much more reliable, but it case of doubt, contenders should check the exact part list in the instructions to see which parts they can use.

@PhyBuilder: I won't be nitpicking. Let's all use the Brickset part count to count the total parts. I don't mind that the set(s) actually contain a part or two more.

Excellent contest, now I just need some enlightment ;-) Thanks for such s great oportunity.

Edited by MajklSpajkl

What about stickers? Do we have to use the stickers that were part of the original set, on the original parts?