KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

DSC05388%201024_zpsiku0fojx.jpg

Nice arm printings.

i wasn't to gone on these at 1st but bar cyborg's head these look good to me could do pre and new 52 justice league

And cyborg is white... Anyway my order was shipped some days ago...

Briksen, single decool green lantern for you:

IMG_20151205_162412_277228746.jpg

http://www.aliexpres...2553274942.html

dancing-frog-o.gif

thanks!

decool?

DSC05388%201024_zpsiku0fojx.jpg

Nice arm printings.

printing on the arms is a big plus, legs also have more details, but the overall impression seems too flashy and lack of nuance...

Edited by briksen

If that really is SY they are really going down in quality. Yes, there are more details and all, but these horrible faces! And the overly detailed prints just don't fit the LEGO look. Not too happy about that.

Not a fan of those either, I note that Decool attempted their own new faces on the Arrow set which were pretty bad. That Red Tornado is superb though

There is way too much Goin in with the legs of those new SY figures. Also, what is up with them white-washing characters lately?

That Red Tornado is great, though. Hopefully he'll show up for single sale.

Is the SY set on aliexpress yet? Can someone post a single sale link if they find one. I gotta get that Red Tornado. I might switch out the legs for something less detailed.

Is the SY set on aliexpress yet? Can someone post a single sale link if they find one. I gotta get that Red Tornado. I might switch out the legs for something less detailed.

No single sale, but the full set is on aliexpress (Sy289):

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/SY289-Super-Heroes-Avengers-Ultron-Minifigures-Superman-Batman-Flash-Torch-8pcs-lot-Building-Blocks-Sets-Model/32560827796.html

Edited by MDM

it's hair thats been cut off

It's actually a hairpiece which has been cutdown.

It's the mermaid hair from the POTC range.

Brilliant :) thank you for your help guys, I shall try and mod one to the same effect.

I friggin love the new Sheng Yuan Justice league set. I think the opinions about the leg detailing are valid, but then it's very simple to swap them out for plain legs, whilst getting some nicely detailed legs, to add to another custom, thrown in to the bargain. :) Btw I think green lantern's face is a bit oversized/caricaturish too, so him and cyborg deffo need head swapping.

12342999_545982442228441_1512052168_o.jpg

Found a good use for the large lego heads that came with the Sheng Yuan Ninjago recently.

12342999_545982442228441_1512052168_o.jpg

Found a good use for the large lego heads that came with the Sheng Yuan Ninjago recently.

I wouldn't drink out of those. The types of printing and plastic could be dangerous.

I wouldn't drink out of those. The types of printing and plastic could be dangerous.

With Sheng Yuan it's ABS plastic :) exactly the same as Lego plastic. Steralised it first of course. I would be iffy if it was another brand.

Edited by MNW

Woo really? They used my photos ....... I only posted those photos here in this site.

NewPicture477_zpsotyuzgv3.jpg

On the other hand, there's no seller selling the j&k Big heroes 6 set in my nearby local toy stores... :(

Edited by wilson3a10

Woo really? They used my photos ....... I only posted those photos here in this site.

NewPicture477_zpsotyuzgv3.jpg

On the other hand, there's no seller selling the j&k Big heroes 6 set in my nearby local toy stores... :(

lol. your pictures are worldwide famous now !

That superman bike looks not bad. And wait, hell yea there's a helmet for deathstroke!?

Edited by wilson3a10

Saw this on the weekend. LEBQ! So wrong! :laugh: edit: the SH pics were cut off... :blush: sorry, haha

rtb5qcq.jpg?1

Edited by Artanis I