Sign in to follow this  
Skystorm87

Motorizing the carrousel winter village connecting it to a 9V track sy

Hi guys, I don't realli like batteries :thumbdown: and I am wondering if I can motorize the Carrousel of the winter village market 10235 by using a technic motor (for example the Electric Technic Mini-Motor 9v' (71427c01)) and connecting the motor to a rail 9v track by the element 5306c01. Of course I have other elements 5306c01 connected to the speed regulators.

Would it work? I guess the Carrousel will turn faster when the train will go faster but this is not a big deal. I tried to connect 5306c01 to a 9v light and it works for supplying energy to the light.

Thanks! :classic:

Why would you use a piece of track? Just get the train regulator and a PF extension wire, then use any PF motor.

Thanks for your answer. The problem is my speed regulators are quite far from the point of the layout where the Carrousel is installed but there is a track nearby.

Yes,

Years ago I ran my whole carnival with train controllers.

I didn't care for batteries either.

At that time I had a carousel and ferris wheel (both smaller than the versions Lego later came out with).

I had my train connected to a separate controller.

On train controller ran both the carousel and ferris wheel, although it did take two motors to run the small carousel.

I also used a train controller for lights. Now that they have the rechargeable batter pack, I use that for lights.

Edited by eileenkeeney