Sign in to follow this  
gavralcraw

Mini Rig MLC-3 (80's Kenner Toy)

Nice Mini-Rig! I have an almost complete set- I'm missing two Power of the Force ones. I like your Mk 2 the best. It is closer to the Kenner version, I think. Are the laser cannons attached to each other? That was a feature on the original, but I was always afraid one might snap off while moving them. It looks like you have wheels underneath- I'd like to see what you did there. The SNOT work is interesting, as I have very little experience building that way. Have you thought about using grey or something other than white for the treads? Although yours is perfectly camouflaged in the snow! Good job, I hope you consider some of the other Mini-Rigs in the future.

Nice Mini-Rig! I have an almost complete set- I'm missing two Power of the Force ones. I like your Mk 2 the best. It is closer to the Kenner version, I think. Are the laser cannons attached to each other? That was a feature on the original, but I was always afraid one might snap off while moving them. It looks like you have wheels underneath- I'd like to see what you did there. The SNOT work is interesting, as I have very little experience building that way. Have you thought about using grey or something other than white for the treads? Although yours is perfectly camouflaged in the snow! Good job, I hope you consider some of the other Mini-Rigs in the future.

Thanks. I have more pics on flickr. The underside of MK2 is black tank treads - there is a clear picture of that on flickr. I used white mainly because that was the box I had on hand when the urge to build one hit. I remember playing with this mini rig as a kid in the 80's, but I never owned one. The cannons are independant - I missed that detail. The mini-rigs were great fun even if they weren't in the films.I have fondest memories of the Empire ones...The slopes at the front made me go SNOT - well picked up. It's flipped half way to make the cockpit (the dome is a pain to work with - it is a vertical not horizontal peice) and again at the back. I used the blueprints as the design..Now that I look at it I did mess up the treads... oh well MK 3 maybe..mlc_3-02765.jpg Edited by gavralcraw

I remember these weird vehicles. I think the toy manufacturers still make stuff like this. Good job on all the SNOT work, and I really like the MK1.

Brilliant! :cry_happy: I still got this from my father's toys! Never completely understood from which SW location came from but I always loved it! These lego versions are all great and bring back some good memories! Nice job! :wink: