Dear Efferman, 

First of all, i love your technical ingenuity regarding lego.

For my own build, i need a long linear actuator. I saw your gearrack actuator with a lengt of 11 studs. However sadly this wasn't downloadable on shapeways. Us there a possibility that gearrack actuator v3.1 Stroke 11 studs is free for download? 

Thank you in advance. 

Greetings from the Netherlands.

I have changed it to downloadable. unfortunately shapeways has set the actuator to "not visible" till they have it checked for patent issues.  could take a few days.

Hi Efferman,

I'm a big fan of your work: the amount and quality of designs you make publicly available on your rebrickable, the awesome ideas you have designed parts for.

I recently picked up a couple of 36Z torsen diffs (brilliant execution of this concept!) off shapeways, and I had a few questions about it:

- how much can this thing handle? If I geared two XL motors down to 0.25 (so, I guess roughly 8* the torque of a single XL), would I still be able to safely not break it?
- how should I best clean it? I'm a complete novice with 3d print, so I'm quite lost here. The shapeways versatile plastic feels quite strong, but I'm of course concerned about removing the right amount of material for some kind of running fit, while keeping all the holes centered. And also of course how I file out the rather complex X-shape for the technic axles through the helical gear parts.

Thank you!
Greetings from Germany (:

Hi,

When you polish the surface to be smooth it should be no problem and everything should fit then too.  A 4.8mm drill for the hole should a good cheap option for the holes. the expensive but best solution is a 4.8mm reamer. This one for example https://www.amazon.de/CoCud-Futterreibahlen-Durchmesser-Hochleistungsstahl-Schneidegerät/dp/B0CKW11ZB8/ref=sr_1_6?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=228QD3DJQVBVB&qid=1704470064&sprefix=reibahle 4 8mm,aps,96

I never put this much torque on a single diff, but i guess the parts outside the diff should be weaker.