peter_m

Illegal EV3 Education Sets (45544) on European market

take a photo or short video showing yourself with your boxes and the labels and also any correspondence and email between the seller and yourself and TLG representative emails and send them the lot. if the TLG guy hasn't emailed you ask them to and show the email on your monitor in the video too. might be enough??

I also bought an EV3 Education Set from a polish seller via ebay before christmas. The set was not originally sealed and was missing the rechargeable battery. The letter from lego (see attachment) was not contained in the set but sent to me via email after I complained about the missing battery.

I had a conversation with LEGO Education Support in Germany and they told me, that they won't provide any battery packs to end customers directly. Fortunately, my seller accepted the return of the set and paid back the money without any problems. LEGO Germany confirmed that they initially had problems with the rechargeable batteries' wiring but they have not been aware of sets being delivered without the battery pack.

After all, I was somehow disappointed about the way LEGO deals with this issue leaving the problem with the end customer. This is understandable from a commercial point of view, but incomplete sets which are not marked as "incomplete" or "limited to the ... market/purpose" shouldn't have been released at all.

My advise to everybody who receives a set with missing rechargeable battery: Return the set to the seller, if possible, as one cannot expect that LEGO provides the rechargeable battery to end customers.

post-118838-0-82318700-1389209470_thumb.jpg

After all, I was somehow disappointed about the way LEGO deals with this issue leaving the problem with the end customer. This is understandable from a commercial point of view, but incomplete sets which are not marked as "incomplete" or "limited to the ... market/purpose" shouldn't have been released at all.

My advise to everybody who receives a set with missing rechargeable battery: Return the set to the seller, if possible, as one cannot expect that LEGO provides the rechargeable battery to end customers.

The problem, from what they are saying, is this version of the sets never legitimately left their factory. At best you purchased grey market. Part of why they are looking for receipts is to back track the supply chain. Did these sets accidentally get shipped from a warehouse? Or did they walk off on their own? The fact that they all seem to be showing up on E-Bay or similar and no at normal retailers kinda of lends one to suspect which it is.

Bump!

Since the beginning of the year I have sent 3 emails to already mentioned Lego EDU Senior Territory Manager for Europe - but I got no reply. I have lost hope of getting this rechargeable batteries in December - but I just wanted to hear any explanation - and they are ignoring me...