Sign in to follow this  
IronArtist

IronArtist's Creative thread.

DISCLAIMER:

Certain petulant nay-sayers, not naming any names, dispute my ownership over my own designs. So, here it is; If some-one has used/misappropriated my designs, that does not make me a thief - that makes me a victim.

Here's the rule:

If, you have something to say on the matter, it isn't for this thread. So, please PM any new delusions/speculations. Or just spare me the bother altogether.

DO NOT POST HERE! This is for the appreciation of my raw talent/suggestions only. Understood!?

IronArtist's

Creative Thread!

Too many bad memories!. So, I decided to create some new ones instead. Here, I will catalogue MY past/present/future LEGO designs as point of future reference. Please, do tell me what you think of my design. I am open to suggestions and mayhaps even a request or two. Please enjoy! Out with the old and in with the new! To coincide with the new The Wolverine movie starring Hugh Jackman, I decided to update my old Wolverine decal. Some with good recollection may very well recall my original design. If not, fret not because here it is.

Is it just me or is there something eerily familiar with the new MARVEL licensed mini-figures? Well they say imitation is the highest form of flattery, after all!

NEW!

Well, to say the least: "I'm the best there is at what I do. And what I do isn't very nice!" - Snikt!

jacket-wolviecopy_zpsa37681bd.jpgwolvie-btich_zpsee2e66ab.jpg

AND MORE TO COME!

Edited by IronArtist

They are all old! The one you are searching for is the one on the far left hand side, the one your buddy Tyler “borrowed”. It was my original design, yes. That's right!

CARRYING ON NOW!

So, if you hadn't already deduced this; I'm a HUGE fan of the cartoon Dragon Ball Z. And I mean it too! I've had these a while and never got around to sharing these, partly because I knew that if I did people like BrickQueen would inherently steal them and call them their own. But these are just too good to be relegated to the back-files on my portable hard-drive disc.

These are all the villains I actually finished. I still have all the androids in sketch form, though they aren't exactly good enough to share. Yet!

*ROCK THE DRAGON-DRAGONBALL ZZZZZZZZ, AHHHHHHH!*

Characters are as follows:

Raditz, Vegeta, Nappa, Frieza and Cell!

c45166ac-e582-4478-a771-548568e2d9ba_zpsc980bb77.jpg0ab7a0c3-86a9-4a08-ab0f-d65780d7073e_zpse136f7a7.jpgd1027cbb-4d54-4008-84d6-8e2ea26fd70d_zpse0dc5dee.jpgd7eb9d36-6ceb-4e89-997d-536f3b668466_zps0eb30174.jpg

NEW!

cell_zpsa5726d4d.jpg

AND MORE TO COME!

Edited by IronArtist

Also, if you had guessed it from my screen name I also love FullMetal Alchemist! And also Brotherhood for the most part. Now I do have the back decals too, scattered somewhere in my hdd. I'm searching for them now actually! You may have seen these before on Flickr, or Deviant art. That's because they were posted by me!

:tongue:

"Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth."

Characters are as follows:

Edward Elric, Alphonse Elric and Colonel Roy Mustang.

NEW!

ed_zpscbee12bf.jpgal_zps090836dd.jpgroy_zps87b4f261.jpg

AND MORE TO COME!

Edited by IronArtist

I share your exact feelings. I used to display my deal design work, but soon people began taking advantage selling figures using my work ect. So I had to remove all my work. Recently I've been doing a few request and so far so good!

Onto your designs. I admire your work it's quite impressive. My personal favorite out of these designs would be Wolverine far left. :classic: I look forward to seeing more decal designs from you.

-Dutch

Thank you! That is exactly my sentiment. Unfortunately I share in your bad experiences; I too have had people try to cash in on my work. It is very disappointing to hear that it is the norm in these circles.

Really? I prefer the newer Logan with the smirk myself. I guess the more you look at something the more reason you have to hate it.

Edited by IronArtist

Some great looking decals, I'm especially liking the way that both the Dragonball Z and Fullmetal Alchemist decals adopt the style of the series, without deviating from the official LEGO style.

As a sidenote to countering thieves, you already mentioned it, by using something like DeviantART that clearly shows a time-stamp and copyright info on every page is a great way to fight back on any claimants who decide to take your work as your own. Also making a simple splash page for you decals with a watermark and date attached (A bit like my Cloud Car Pilot) can also deter people from bothering to re-edit and pinch your stuff, but still giving those who want to, the option to download and print your decals.

Anyways, just my thoughts. ^_^

Yes, they are all old! The Wolverine designs right of MY original being the newest of my designs. I do happen to be working on some NEW DBZ dezigns at the moment, so expect an update soon. Do you really have nothing to add, other than being a serial pest?

Thanks concore! That is exactly what I strive for in my designs. I think that particular element is probably what a lot of good artists struggle with; the balance between the original subject matter and LEGO aesthetics. So, it is always at the forefront of my mind, whilst designing.

Yes, they are all old! The Wolverine designs right of MY original being the newest of my designs.

That's all I was asking about. You didn't specify clearly in your post and I was curious which ones were new, but you had to say they are all old, which confirmed the designs weren't new at all.

If you want me to stop posting, then stop being vague. You're seriously picking a fight with me for no reason because you're still upset some chick took credit for your shoddy design.

-Omi

None of your pictures are working.

I'm sure he knows that they're gone. And since he couldn't respond to you even if he wanted, I'm going to lock this topic.