RoyalBrickCustoms

Lego LotR Video Game Character Image (Screenshot) Request

Hey guys,

I am currently working on some custom lego LotR minifigs, and one of the minifigs I am trying to make is Isildur from the Prologue. I have searched all over the web, but I can find any straight-on shots of him with which to make a torso decal.

If any one could provide me with a clear, crisp picture(s) of his back and a clear large straight-on shot of his front, I'd be extremely grateful.

I do not own the game (yet), just the demo for Xbox 360.

Thanks in advance,

~RBC

Edited by RoyalBrickCustoms

If anyone could get me a clear shot of Gil-Galad's back (for his crown) I'd be equally grateful. I'll take a look around RBC. I think I saw a good front shot of Isildur somewhere.

hello!

I just got the game on my computer and I can definitely get both of those for you guys by the end of this week. If there are any others just let me know!

You are a saint. I was about to break down today and buy the Xbox version just to get a good look at a few characters.

Aragorn (Royal Armor) I just need a large clear shot of his breastplate armor so I can make a decal of it.

Thanks again for all the help.

~RBC

I'll get that aswell. With them being screen shots they probably won't be super close up, but I have found a few places where the camera is closer than usual. I'll be experimenting the next day or so, if there's anything else, I'd be more than happy to help.

Thanks. :) I just ordered the game myself for the Xbox 360. It should be arriving by the weekend (if not earlier) I'll try to find some pics myself. Thanks for all the help. :)

~RBC

I got to see what I needed of Gil-galad today so don't kill yourself to get him in a hurry. I really appreciate you offering your help. The only thing I could use now is a good shot of the generic prologue elf but I don't think that's a playable character.

Sorry I wasn't able to get these up sooner, it's the week after spring break, and I've been quite a bit busier than I thought I'd be. :sceptic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrerikku/8587023961/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrerikku/8587021381/in/photostream

and I can get Gil-Galad tonight still if you need more shots.

Do you need the second age elf for decals or for the helmet?

For the decals. I have the front torso done now but not the legs or back. I would like to tackle the helmet but being new to sculpting, I don't know how to approach it just yet. I need to find the right base helmet to build onto first I guess.

what do you use to create your decals?

and I have plans to recreate quite a few of the pieces in the game that aren't available yet, but it's going to be quite sometime before any of that is actually finished, if it even works the way I have planned. I'm still kind of experimenting with an idea. Assuming it does, some of them will be available on shapeways, but don't hold your breath.

what do you use to create your decals?

and I have plans to recreate quite a few of the pieces in the game that aren't available yet, but it's going to be quite sometime before any of that is actually finished, if it even works the way I have planned. I'm still kind of experimenting with an idea. Assuming it does, some of them will be available on shapeways, but don't hold your breath.

I'm using Illustrator from Adobe Creative Suite 2 since it's free now. :laugh: I started on GIMP and still find it much more user friendly but looked for something new when I ran into it's limitations with CMYK colors. Plus, vector programs really do make for cleaner lines.

Really?! I'm going to have a hard time NOT holding my breath for that. I found a good shield that someone had designed for 3d printing but when I sized it down to scale, parts of it were too small to safely print. :sceptic: I sure hope you are successful in that endeavor.

interesting. Have either of you tried using Inkscape? it's an open source vector program similar to illustrator, but a little mor user friendly. I hope what I have in mind works. But like I said, it'll be quite some time before anything is done. Other than the elf equipment, are there any others that either of you'd really like to see?

Edited by MrErikku

The helmets for the army of men in the prologue would be sweet as well as for knights of Dol Amroth from the battle of Pelenor would both be awesome. There were actually about three different eleven armies, two armies of men and a dwarven army in that battle so I may be doing prologue stuff for a while.

I tried Inkscape but not for long enough to get anywhere near comfortable with it. It's a vector program though so I would expect it to give a better end result than GIMP.