Sign in to follow this  
enoa

The Lost Temple - An Awesome Islander MOC!!!

Well for the "history" debate i don't care about it, islanders are just islanders
what history debate are we referring to enoa :'-( id like to read it. io guess im really out of touch with the pirates forum :S

the LEGO islanders are definitely a mythology all-there own... again, im not sure which debate we are talking about, but it seems they are highly influenced from south pacific islander culture... im not sure there is much of anything else.... the moai and volcano iconography lead me to believe so.

however, it would have been nice if LEGO would have placed this theme in south america... and instead of having pirates as the foe... had the imperials. Then, if it would have been the imperial armada (implied to be spanish conquistadors) it could have been a nice "search for the fountain of youth" theme.

***feel free to move this post to the actual debate thread if nessesary ;-)

- BrickMiner

The LEGO Group explored the South American cultures in an Adventurers sub-theme. A pity for Pirate fans though, because it could have made an interesting Pirate sub-theme (like you suggested) with Imperial Armada mini-figures instead of Johnny Thunder and Co.

I don't think we have enough posts for a debate yet. But I think the debate Norrington is imposing is the Islanders aren't aware of the Imperials Guards existing. But think I it's a moot arguement because this is Enoa's MOC so he determine the back story and thus decides if the Islanders are aware of on the Imperial Guards existence.

I don't think we have enough posts for a debate yet. But I think the debate Norrington is imposing is the Islanders aren't aware of the Imperials Guards existing.
oh, gottcha ;-)

back to the MOC...

i forgot to mention that i really liked the use of the stone face at the center of the pyramid temple.

i have to note, it's interesting that LEGO used this same face design twice (6262 and 6278). i would have thought they would have designed an original moai for each set... but they didn't. so, as a by-product the face design seen from 6262 and 6278 becomes very representative of LEGO's vision of the islanders. it almost becomes their icon, along with kahuka's mask image.

thus, its inclusion in the MOC suggests connectivity to the official sets... which i like.

- BrickMiner