Sign in to follow this  
Climperoonie

WIP Custom Doctor Octopus Minifigure

While I'm happy to finally see more Lego Spider-Man, it is a disappointment of mine that they are based on the new Ultimate Spider-Man show, which I cannot stand. This is not an issue for the likes of Venom, Nick Fury, Beetle, etc. but I think the Doc Ock minifig is awful. So, I decided to take up my paints and brushes and do something about it. I decided to base the design on this, as Doc Ock there has a similar head and hair so I wouldn't need to do anything about them. For the torso, I copied the rugged trenchcoat design from the CMF Mad Scientist onto a green torso. Here's the fruit of my labours so far:

603D7C4C-74C7-4424-B4C3-96E29400E8C0-11257-00000F0A5DF4054F.jpg

I still need to finish the legs off by finding a better matching green paint, but other than that he's just about finished! Feedback would be appreciated! :sweet:

Excellent! The torso looks great in green and the figure definitely fits the source material you provided. I would suggest bricklinking some grey parts for the tentacles, because the black ones seem out of place. The claws even come in light grey, if you desire them.