ED-209

Robbing from the rich; the Forestmen return!

From what I know, white decal paper will make your colours look a bit lighter than what you see on screen. I never tried it, so I can't tell you how different they would be from a normal paper print. Most customisers just use clear decal paper, so that the main background colour is given by the piece you apply the decal to, and they work on fixing the colours of the details. You can find a helpful discussion on Waterslide decal paper resources in the MCW Index, along as tutorials on applying decals, clear coating and so on.

Finally, I believe most customisers just try their best to get as close to the actual colour as they can, without getting mad about it.

Hopefully I can be a help. First I must tell you color matching is a very time consuming process. One color can take me almost an hour to match. My process for matching colors is to print a said color let's make it red. I print out my red color on a sheet of either clear or white decal paper. I compare the red on the paper ageist a red Lego brick or tile. When comparing the sheet and the brick work under a light source. After comparing I will make the necessary changes either lighting, darkening or adjusting the hue. Once you've made your changes print out the new red and compare it ageist a brick or title. You will have to repeat this process till you've gotten the desired color. Does this make sense?

-Dutch

Makes alot of sense Dutch. I have actually spent almost three hours trying to color match the green by doing the same process as you have described...lots of printing. A thing I am worried about is that I got somewhat the color I want on regular paper and so I might have to re do the process when I get in my white decal paper in the mail. Hopefully Im close to getting it matched...

Coot

Finally had a chance to get my decal paper in with the right acrylic clear coat. I made my small updated forestmen army! The green colors on the decals arnt perfect but they are hard to notice about a foot away. Thanks to ED for the tutorial and creation of this idea and Luxor for his excellent advice. I wanted to upload a pic but it is too big to upload.

Coot

Hey guys, decided to add a pic via imageshack. Hopefully you guys can see the decals. Cant wait to add these guys to some sets!

zlb4.jpg

Coot

Very cool! I'm a big fan of the Forestmen/Dark Forest themes. I might look into getting some decals myself...