Sign in to follow this  
Xarrzan

Heroica RPG - Quest #26: Quarry Clean Up

Guts drinks a potion, and then attacks from the back row.

Edited by Scubacarrot

100x100bard.jpg

Singerson sang with a deep voice and with notes that vibrated your very body. The Hearty Jaunt had begun...

Hearty Jaunt health increase results -

Knifk....+1hp

Hybros.+1hp

Guts....+2hp

Johon..+4hp

Elgar...+0hp

Results of Round Six of the Ancient Dragon Battle:

Knifk Drinks a Potion

>Hybros vs. Ancient Dragon - Critical Hit..[(5*2) + 15 = 25]

>Guts Drinks a Potion

>Guts vs. Ancient Dragon - Hit................[((8 + 11) * 2)/2 = 19]

Johon vs. Ancient Dragon - Hit.................[8 + 14 = 22]

Johon vs. Ancient Dragon - Miss

Elgar

The battle against the Ancient Dragon continued. Knifk stood back to drink a potion and survey the battle. Hybros found a weak spot in the dragons armor and dealt 25 damage to the dragon. Guts drank a potion and then scored a hit for 19 damage. Johon scored a hit of 22 damage against the dragon's leg but was flung off of it's back and missed his next attack. The dragon shivered as the poison and decay caused caused 30 damage (10 + 10 +1 + 9). Hybros and Guts were each burned for 1 damage from their ignited clothing. The dragon roared at the party and launched into the air, leaving the battle.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

Guts gains a level of experience while the Knifk, Hybros and Johon gain a half level. Elgar gets back up.

Party:

knifk.jpg

Knifk
(Played by Bioniclover)
*Party Leader*

Level 12.5 Knight

Power:

Health:
14/21

Shield Power:

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Tfel (WP: 9 Longsword, Earth-elemental), Aegis (SP: 6 Shield), Potion, Remedy, Floral Bomb, Bedroll

hybros.jpg

Hybros
(Played by JimButcher)

Level 15.5 Rogue

Power:
25 (20 for throwing weapons, except 22 for Ancient Throwing Dagger )

Health:
16/23

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:10, Earth), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5, retrievable), 2 Throwing Knives (WP:5, retrievable), Banana Bladerang (WP: 5, damage all, retrievable), Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP: 7, retrievable), Helmet (Max HP +1), 5 Grand Potions, 5 Potions, 3 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, 6 Nostrums, 6 Meads, 6 Smelling Salts, Deadly Venom, Shovel, Bone, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy

guts.jpg

Guts Holla
(Played by Scubacarrot)

Level 12 Rogue

Power:

Health:
17/18

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Lifestealer (WP:8,Ice, attacks restore 3 health), Bedroll, Shovel, Potion, Meadx4

alf.jpg

Johon (Alf Gregory)
(Played by Bricksandparts)

Level 14.5 Barbarian

Power:
22 (14+8)

Health:
22/22 (21+1)

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Armour-Helmet I+1 max healthI-IequippedI Weapons-greatsword IWP.3I-IunequippedI---Sword of Decay IWP. 7I I once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns. the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes. Suitable to Mages Knights and Barbarians I---Meteor Blade IWP.8I-ILight elementalI-IequippedI-Healing Staff IWP.5I-Healing effect. -lended- usable by mages and clerics.---Focal Staff IWP.I 5 Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages. IunequippedI Tools-shovel---pick-axe---Magnifying Glass---magic compass POTIONS---potion I3I-Venom I2I-Ice Bomb I1I-Phoenix Essence I1I-Mead I1I ELEMENTS-Aquamarine, Scroll of Sleep I1I---Scroll of Blindness I1I---Scroll of Sealing I1I---Scroll of Confusion I1I

elgar.jpg

Elgar Gligin
(Played by Jedi master Brick)

Level 10.5 Ranger

Power:

Health:
1/15

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Mockhril crossbow (WP:9 Lightning Elemental), Faxthril Longbow WP:5, Smoke bomb, Bedroll, emerald, Orc Venom, Potion (2), Venom, Spade

The dragon circled around quickly to blast it's treasure horde with a thick coat of ice, preventing the heroes from obtaining it. The heroes could almost discern the valuable items glittering beneath the ice. The dragon flew ever higher until it was a pinpoint in the air. It paused for a moment then dove straight for the ground, breathing fire the entire time. As the dragon dove towards the quarry floor, it's body was bathed in the fire. The dragon then landed on the ledge of the quarry wall, glaring down at the heroes.

100x100bard.jpg

Singerson observed intently and spoke up "Oh my. That is a lot of ice which isn't too nice. See it diving and burning itself? It is raising it's body temperature like when you get a fever. It is literally burning the poison out of it's system and charring off the decaying scales. The fact that it hasn't left yet means it's not done with us."

In the distance small reptilian creatures could be seen running quickly toward the party. Singerson spoke again "Looks like we have a little time before those running things get to us. Do whatever battle preparations you need to do in the mean time, because once they get here it will be a fuss!"

Ah. The battle wasn't over yet, and in the meantime they needed to deal with another enemy while the dragon prepared itself. Bracing himself, Hybros downed a Mead, Nostrum, and bottle of Smelling Salts, followed by a potion. He then threw a grand potion to Elgar, who was just barely standing.

"You're going to need this."

Guts watched the dragon flew off, and shouted towards his companions, his voice barely holding back the rage of the battle, and the rush of fighting another dragon:

"Alright boys, we are going to kill this thing, even if it is the last thing I do! Help that guy up, make him drink something, don't care if he tries to spit it out. Drink meads, poison your weapons! We merely wounded it, but it is not done yet, and will fight back, fiercer than before! This is it's nest, or it wants to make this it's nest! It matters not, this beast dies now, at our hand! But first, we deal with those things, it's brood, perhaps?"

Guts drinks a mead.

Edited by Scubacarrot

QM Note: Party leader, inform Singerson when you are ready for the next battle.

100x100bard.jpg

"The team is preparing for a fight!

We'll show the dragon all our might!

We don't care if we fight all night!

We kick our enemies out of sight!

We will win, I know we're right!" sang Singerson.

Johon digs 2 holes in the ground and places his two ice bombs there. He then grabs some of the sticks he had carried and made stakes and tied them together to make a barricade, providing temporary SP hopefully. He then drinks a mead.

"You know, Bard, I'm fine with the helpful songs during battle and all, and the occasional instrumental background music, but please stop the rhyming, or your next ballad will be called: 'How I broke my jaw.' And the protagonist of the song would be my fist."

Johon quickly gathers branches and lays them in a circle around the party, with about an 8 brick radius. He lays some more firewood on the dragon's horde and sets it aflame.

"We need more bombs!"

Johon digs more holes in the ground and rigs them to strings that can be pull to set them to explode. Johon spreads more tinder onto the circle so that when the enemies came, Johon would be able to weaken their attacks with a shield of fire.

Knifk chugs a Potion, then kicks Johon's preparations. "Is Sissy too afraid to fight for himself?" Knifk then leads a charge towards the enemies, signaling to Singerson and the rest of the party to follow him into the fray.

Knifk chugs a Potion, then kicks Johon's preparations. "Is Sissy too afraid to fight for himself?" Knifk then leads a charge towards the enemies, signaling to Singerson and the rest of the party to follow him into the fray.

"We can use all of the advantages we can get!"

As Knifk turns away and ignores him and starts kicking at his preparations, Johon grasps Knifk's breast plate and yanks him backward, making him fall over backward.

"We can use all of the advantages we can get!"

As Knifk turns away and ignores him and starts kicking at his preparations, Johon grasps Knifk's breast plate and yanks him backward, making him fall over backward.

OOC: Don't control other's characters. I'll say whether or not I fall over. :wink: Also, this doesn't seem like the type of Quest to use those preparations, not every Quest is Quest 17, after all.

IC: Knifk was already too far ahead to be even close to being grabbed, already leaping into combat with whatever the creatures were.

Johon digs 2 holes in the ground and places his two ice bombs there. He then grabs some of the sticks he had carried and made stakes and tied them together to make a barricade, providing temporary SP hopefully. He then drinks a mead.

100x100bard.jpg

Singerson noticed what Johon was attempting and spoke up "My friend, the quarry floor is much to hard for your tools to dig into. The quarry workers have to use special tools, usually diamond encrusted, to penetrate this hard bed rock." Johon's attempt to create holes into the ground failed.

Knifk led the charge at the incoming creatures. Singerson ran right behind, strumming beats to the team's pace. "Guts, every one of my songs is effective in some way. And if you break my jaw then you'll break the law! The law of the bards! Do you not remember law number 47? Should I recite them all again for you?" As the party continued to run, the creatures came close enough into view to identify them.

battle-dragonets1.jpg

"Dragonets!" yelled Singerson. "It's the dragon's children. I thought it looked female when you all were fighting. But I didn't want to say anything and possibly hurt the dragon's feelings. You know some people get upset if they are male and you say they look like a female or if they're female and you say they look like a male. I never get upset but then again its obvious what sex I am."

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Enemies:

100x100dragonet2.jpg

Dragonet (Flame):

Type: Fire

Level: 7

Health: 100/100

Special: Flame Breath - Blows flames onto target and next in party order of actions dealing 3 damage. (Burns targets for 1 damage for two rounds unless a Remedy is used.)

Drops: Fire bomb

100x100dragonet1.jpg

Dragonet (Frost):

Type: Ice

Special: Frost Breath - Blows frost onto target and next person in party order of actions dealing 2 cold damage. (Covers the people in frost causing them to be slowed and miss their next turn.)

Drops: Ice bomb

100x100dragonet3.jpg

Dragonet (Lightning):

Type: Lightning

Special: Lightning Breath - Electrocutes the attacker and person next in party order of actions for 2 damage(Causes the
hastened
effect on those hit by the lightning for the next round)

Drops: Lightning Bomb

Ancient Dragon

QM Note:
The Ancient Dragon cannot be attacked while it is perched onto the quarry wall. It will stay on the quarry wall until all of it's dragonet children are defeated. At the end of every
even
round of combat it will spit a ball of fire at a random member of the party dealing 3 damage and igniting them.

Party:

knifk.jpg

Knifk
(Played by Bioniclover)
*Party Leader*

Level 12.5 Knight

Power:

Health:
21/21

Shield Power:

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Tfel (WP: 9 Longsword, Earth-elemental), Aegis (SP: 6 Shield), Remedy, Floral Bomb, Bedroll

hybros.jpg

Hybros
(Played by JimButcher)
Encouraged
Lucky
Hastened

Level 15.5 Rogue

Power:

Health:
23/23

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:10, Earth), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5, retrievable), 2 Throwing Knives (WP:5, retrievable), Banana Bladerang (WP: 5, damage all, retrievable), Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP: 7, retrievable), Helmet (Max HP +1), 4 Grand Potions, 4 Potions, 3 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, 5 Nostrums, 5 Meads, 5 Smelling Salts, Deadly Venom, Shovel, Bone, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy

guts.jpg

Guts Holla
(Played by Scubacarrot)
Encouraged

Level 12 Rogue

Power:

Health:
17/18

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Lifestealer (WP:8,Ice, attacks restore 3 health), Bedroll, Shovel, Potion, Meadx3

alf.jpg

Johon (Alf Gregory)
Encouraged

Level 14.5 Barbarian

Power:
22 (14+8)

Health:
22/22 (21+1)

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Armour-Helmet I+1 max healthI-IequippedI Weapons-greatsword IWP.3I-IunequippedI---Sword of Decay IWP. 7I I once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns. the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes. Suitable to Mages Knights and Barbarians I---Meteor Blade IWP.8I-ILight elementalI-IequippedI-Healing Staff IWP.5I-Healing effect. -lended- usable by mages and clerics.---Focal Staff IWP.I 5 Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages. IunequippedI Tools-shovel---pick-axe---Magnifying Glass---magic compass POTIONS---potion I3I-Venom I2I-Ice Bomb I1I-Phoenix Essence I1I- ELEMENTS-Aquamarine, Scroll of Sleep I1I---Scroll of Blindness I1I---Scroll of Sealing I1I---Scroll of Confusion I1I

elgar.jpg

Elgar Gligin
Orc Venom weapon [Good for 2 battles]

Level 10.5 Ranger

Power:

Health:
15/15

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Mockhril crossbow (WP:9 Lightning Elemental), Faxthril Longbow WP:5, Smoke bomb, Bedroll, emerald, Potion (2), Venom, Spade

100x100bard.jpg

"Just in case you forgot," said Singerson "here is a reminder of the songs I can sing."

Encourage The Horde - This song causes the encouraged effect on all members of the party for the current round of battle. The effect disappears at the end of the round. This song can be only sung once per battle.[/i]

A Hearty Jaunt - This song heals all members of the party. The amount each member is healed is determined by a die roll (1-6 hp). This song can only be sung once per battle.

Fastest Flight - This song causes the hastened effect on all members of the party for the current round of battle. The effect disappears at the end of the round. This song can only be sung once per battle.

Lady Luck’s Lure - This song causes the lucky effect on all members of the party for the current round of battle. The effect disappears at the end of the round. This song can only be sung once per battle.

Dirge of Dispair - This song revives one fallen ally to full health during a battle. This song can only be sung once per quest.

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

Edited by Xarrzan

Johon sets the tinder around him aflame and nudges the barricade closer to dragonet (lightning) from the front row!

"By Tarok, is Sissy really that dense? Don't do something stupid, attack from the front row! You're a barbarian for Tarok's sake!" Knifk calls in exasperation at the incompetent barbarian as he attacks Dragonet (Lightning) from the front row.

BO:

Knifk

Hybros

Guts

Johon

Elgar

No Song

OOC: Seriously, B&P? :hmpf: Aldo, I'm pretty sure Dragonet (Lightning) is supposed to be Lightning, not Ice type. Not that it matters - Earth is super effective against all three. :grin:

OOC: Seriously, B&P?

OoC: ok, sorry. I really need to get on one of Doc's quests... I wonder if this quest will be done before his quest starts...

...I'm pretty sure Dragonet (Lightning) is supposed to be Lightning, not Ice type. Not that it matters - Earth is super effective against all three. :grin:

OoC: Mistake has been corrected. The Dragonet (Lightning) is of type Lightning.

Hybros grins a little under his face cloth. The man-made drinks he'd just consumed were taking effect, and Zoot's Reaper would have it's time to shine with any of the given enemies. He gripped it firmly, and attacked the Fire Dragonet from the front row.

OoC: ok, sorry. I really need to get on one of Doc's quests... I wonder if this quest will be done before his quest starts...

OoC: So...are you going to attack the Dragonet (Lightning) from the front row with a weapon or take no action this round? There is a possibility the quest could end before "Doc's" but focusing on defeating the creatures is the best course of action to complete the quest.

OoC: So...are you going to attack the Dragonet (Lightning) from the front row with a weapon or take no action this round? There is a possibility the quest could end before "Doc's" but focusing on defeating the creatures is the best course of action to complete the quest.

OoC: If I'm allowed to, I'll use my torch to set the tinder on fire. Hopefully this will give us some more defense. Otherwise, I stated I'll attack Dragonet (Lightning) from the front row with my sword of decay.

Results of Round One of the Dragonets Battle:

Knifk vs. Dragonet (Lightning) - Critical Hit .............[((9*2) + 12)*2 = 60]

Hybros vs. Dragonet (Flame) - Special/Special

Hybros vs. Dragonet (Flame) - Miss/Special

Guts vs. Dragonet (Flame) - Critical Hit ..................[((8*2) + 12)*2 = 56]

Johon vs. Dragonet (Lightning) - Miss

>Elgar vs. Dragonet (Frost) - Special

The battle against the Dragonets began. Knifk started off strong by bashing the electric Dragonet and slashing it for a critical strike of 60 damage. Hybros was under the effect of his potions, he dodged the first flame breath of the Dragonet but was hit by its second special attack receiving 6 damage and being ignited. The flames caused Hybros to miss his second attack. Guts moved stealthily behind the flaming Dragonet to deal a critical strike of 56 damage and regained 1 hp. Johon stood behind his baracade but he did not have the time to fortify it properly before the Dragonets were upon them. The electric Dragonet smashed through the baracade with ease, and the speed of it's attack caused Johon to miss his attack. Elgar fired a bolt at the ice encrusted Dragonet who ducted the attack and blew frost over Elgar, dealing 2 damage and slowing him, causing him to miss his next turn.

Enemies:

100x100dragonet2.jpg

Dragonet (Flame):

Type: Fire

Health: 44/100

Special: Flame Breath - Blows flames onto target and next in party order of actions dealing 3 damage. (Burns targets for 1 damage for two rounds unless a Remedy is used.)

Drops: Fire bomb

100x100dragonet1.jpg

Dragonet (Frost):

Type: Ice

Special: Frost Breath - Blows frost onto target and next person in party order of actions dealing 2 cold damage. (Covers the people in frost causing them to be slowed and miss their next turn.)

Drops: Ice bomb

100x100dragonet3.jpg

Dragonet (Lightning):

Type: Lightning

Health: 40/100

Special: Lightning Breath - Electrocutes the attacker and person next in party order of actions for 2 damage(Causes the
hastened
effect on those hit by the lightning for the next round)

Drops: Lightning Bomb

Ancient Dragon

QM Note:
The Ancient Dragon cannot be attacked while it is perched onto the quarry wall. It will stay on the quarry wall until all of it's dragonet children are defeated. At the end of every
even
round of combat it will spit a ball of fire at a random member of the party dealing 3 damage and igniting them.

Party:

knifk.jpg

Knifk
(Played by Bioniclover)
*Party Leader*

Level 12.5 Knight

Power:

Health:
21/21

Shield Power:

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Tfel (WP: 9 Longsword, Earth-elemental), Aegis (SP: 6 Shield), Remedy, Floral Bomb, Bedroll

hybros.jpg

Hybros
(Played by JimButcher)
Encouraged
Lucky
Hastened
Ignited [2 turns]

Level 15.5 Rogue

Power:

Health:
17/23

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:10, Earth), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5, retrievable), 2 Throwing Knives (WP:5, retrievable), Banana Bladerang (WP: 5, damage all, retrievable), Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP: 7, retrievable), Helmet (Max HP +1), 4 Grand Potions, 4 Potions, 3 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, 5 Nostrums, 5 Meads, 5 Smelling Salts, Deadly Venom, Shovel, Bone, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy

guts.jpg

Guts Holla
(Played by Scubacarrot)
Encouraged

Level 12 Rogue

Power:

Health:
18/18

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Lifestealer (WP:8,Ice, attacks restore 3 health), Bedroll, Shovel, Potion, Meadx3

alf.jpg

Johon (Alf Gregory)
Encouraged

Level 14.5 Barbarian

Power:
22 (14+8)

Health:
22/22 (21+1)

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Armour-Helmet I+1 max healthI-IequippedI Weapons-greatsword IWP.3I-IunequippedI---Sword of Decay IWP. 7I I once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns. the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes. Suitable to Mages Knights and Barbarians I---Meteor Blade IWP.8I-ILight elementalI-IequippedI-Healing Staff IWP.5I-Healing effect. -lended- usable by mages and clerics.---Focal Staff IWP.I 5 Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages. IunequippedI Tools-shovel---pick-axe---Magnifying Glass---magic compass POTIONS---potion I3I-Venom I2I-Ice Bomb I1I-Phoenix Essence I1I- ELEMENTS-Aquamarine, Scroll of Sleep I1I---Scroll of Blindness I1I---Scroll of Sealing I1I---Scroll of Confusion I1I

elgar.jpg

Elgar Gligin
Orc Venom weapon [Good for 2 battles]
Slowed [1 turn]

Level 10.5 Ranger

Power:

Health:
13/15

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Mockhril crossbow (WP:9 Lightning Elemental), Faxthril Longbow WP:5, Smoke bomb, Bedroll, emerald, Potion (2), Venom, Spade

100x100bard.jpg

"You've already done a ton of damage to the dragonets. Keep up the good work!"

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.