Sign in to follow this  
Xarrzan

Heroica RPG - Quest #26: Quarry Clean Up

"Silly sissy. Now see what sissy did." Knifk scolded, then began to lead the party toward the voice, holding his finger to his lips to signal to the party to remain quiet.

Knifk lead the party around the large boulder, being extra cautious to look for traps. When they rounded the corner they saw a man trapped in a spider web stuck to the rock wall.

bard-webbed.jpg

"You're aliiiiive!" exclaimed the man in a sing song like voice. "I was afraid my trap had done you in, the ones who might cut me free of this sin, this sin of webs, which might soon leave me deads," the man continued to sing. "Homer Singerson if you care, bard extraordinaire with much flair! I had set the trap for the eight legged beast but alas I am now to be it's feast! Um...would you mind cutting me down, before I begin to frown?"  

"The Quarry owner did not mention hiring anyone else? We should cut him down, before the beast that trapped him returns."

Guts sighed and took out his blade, and said to the bard:

"Watch out, don't touch the blade, it might sting."

Guts cut the man loose.

"Sorry I tripped on the vine, but the QM made me I think that this may have led us to this man."

Johon turns to the webbed man. Then uses his magnifying glass to check for any traps around the general area.

"Are you ok? I believe this creature is a spider, correct?"

Elgar visually inspected the bard as best he could behind all of the webs. Singerson was about to respond to Johon's question but paused to avoid Guts' slashing blade as best as he could. Guts' had freed Singerson's head completely when he shouted out "It comes again!" Guts jumped backward as the giant spider desended on a web.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

battle-spider0.jpg

Enemies:

100x100spider.jpg

Giant Spider

Type: Vermin

Level: 15

Health: 412/412

Special: Web Sling - Shoots a web at an enemy pulling them into the front row if standing in the back or pushing them into the back row if standing in the front. Binds target for one round.

Poison Bite - Bites the enemy and poisons them for 3 rounds (1 dmg per round).

(The special of the Giant spider is determined by a die roll, 50% chance per special).

Drops: 2 Venom

QM Note: At the beginning of round two a clutch of spider eggs hatches from the Giant Spider producing 3 Spiderlings. Spiderlings will scatter (leave the battle) if the Giant Spider is defeated before they are.

Party:

knifk.jpg

Knifk
(Played by Bioniclover)
*Party Leader*

Level 11.5 Knight

Power:

Health:
17/20

Shield Power:

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Tfel (WP: 9 Longsword, Earth-elemental), Aegis (SP: 6 Shield), Potion x2, Remedy, Floral Bomb, Deadly Venom, Bedroll

hybros.jpg

Hybros
(Played by JimButcher)

Level 14.5 Rogue

Power:
24 (19 for throwing weapons, except 21 for Ancient Throwing Dagger)

Health:
19/22

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:10, Earth), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5, retrievable), 2 Throwing Knives (WP:5, retrievable), Banana Bladerang (WP: 5, damage all, retrievable), Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP: 7, retrievable), Helmet (Max HP +1), 5 Grand Potions, 6 Potions, 3 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, 6 Nostrums, 6 Meads, 6 Smelling Salts, 2x Deadly Venom, Shovel, Bone, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy

guts.jpg

Guts Holla
(Played by Scubacarrot)
Encouraged

Level 11 Rogue

Power:

Health:
14/17

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Lifestealer (WP:8,Ice, attacks restore 3 health), Bedroll, Shovel, Potionx2, Meadx5

alf.jpg

Johon (Alf Gregory)
(Played by Bricksandparts)

Level 13.5 Barbarian

Power:
21 (13+8)

Health:
18/21 (20+1)

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Armour-Helmet I+1 max healthI-IequippedI Weapons-greatsword IWP.3I-IunequippedI---Sword of Decay IWP. 7I I once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns. the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes. Suitable to Mages Knights and Barbarians I---Meteor Blade IWP.8I-ILight elementalI-IequippedI-Healing Staff IWP.5I-Healing effect. -lended- usable by mages and clerics.---Focal Staff IWP.I 5 Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages. IunequippedI Tools-shovel---pick-axe---Magnifying Glass---magic compass POTIONS---potion I2I-Venom I1I-Ice Bomb I1I-Phoenix Essence I1I-Mead I1I ELEMENTS-Aquamarine, Scroll of Sleep I1I---Scroll of Blindness I1I---Scroll of Sealing I1I---Scroll of Confusion I1I

elgar.jpg

Elgar Gligin
(Played by Jedi master Brick)

Level 10 Ranger

Power:

Health:
11/14

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Mockhril crossbow (WP:9 Lightning Elemental), Faxthril Longbow WP:5, Smoke bomb, Bedroll, emerald, Orc Venom, Potion (2), Venom, Spade

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

"Hm. I knew it must have been a trap... well this must be what's scaring off the workers. I'll attack it from the front row, with Zoot's Reaper."

Knifk twirls his blade and smiles grimly. "Time to test Tfel's new powers out. Let's rock." he darted forward, then cleaved his blade into the floor, sending a seismic shockwave at the spider from the front row.

Battle Order

Knifk

Guts

Hybros

Johon

Elgar

Results of Round One of the Giant Spider Battle:

>Knifk vs. Giant Spider - Shield

>Guts vs. Giant Spider - Shield

>Hybros vs. Giant Spider - Shield

>Johon vs. Giant Spider - Damage

>Elgar vs. Giant Spider - AIM

The battle against the giant spider begins. Knifk sees the shockwave vibrate the spider's web and cause not effect so he takes the Sentinel position, blocking all damage in the next round. Guts decides to Mug the spider on its decent, dealing 70 damage and raining 70 gold to the rock floor and draining 3 health to himself. Hybros, eyeing the gold stuck to the spider's body, decides to Mug the spider as well dealing 44 damage and raining down 44 gold coins. The enraged spider launches itself at the next closest target, Johon, and deals 15 damage. Elgar took careful AIM so as not to hurt Johon and deals 9 damage to the Giant Spider. The commotion hatches the spiderling eggs and they join the battle.

Enemies:

100x100spider.jpg

Giant Spider

Health: 289/412

Special 1: Web Sling - Shoots a web at an enemy pulling them into the front row if standing in the back or pushing them into the back row if standing in the front. Binds target for one round.

Special 2: Poison Bite - Bites the enemy and poisons them for 3 rounds (1 dmg per round).

(The special of the Giant spider is determined by a die roll, 50% chance per special).

quarryspiderlingprofile.jpg

Spiderling 1

Level: 2

Health: 15/15

Special: The tiny spider gets stuck in the attacker’s hair/clothes. The attacker can only target the spiderling in their hair/clothes. Any other hero that targets the stuck spiderling will do damage to both the spiderling and the hero. The spiderling is stuck only for the next round then releases itself.

Drops: Nothing

Spiderling 2

Special: The tiny spider gets stuck in the attacker’s hair/clothes. The attacker can only target the spiderling in their hair/clothes. Any other hero that targets the stuck spiderling will do damage to both the spiderling and the hero. The spiderling is stuck only for the next round then releases itself.

Spiderling 3

Party:

knifk.jpg

Knifk
(Played by Bioniclover)
*Party Leader*

Level 11.5 Knight

Power:

Health:
17/20

Shield Power:

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Tfel (WP: 9 Longsword, Earth-elemental), Aegis (SP: 6 Shield), Potion x2, Remedy, Floral Bomb, Deadly Venom, Bedroll

hybros.jpg

Hybros
(Played by JimButcher)

Level 14.5 Rogue

Power:

Health:
19/22

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:10, Earth), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5, retrievable), 2 Throwing Knives (WP:5, retrievable), Banana Bladerang (WP: 5, damage all, retrievable), Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP: 7, retrievable), Helmet (Max HP +1), 5 Grand Potions, 6 Potions, 3 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, 6 Nostrums, 6 Meads, 6 Smelling Salts, 2x Deadly Venom, Shovel, Bone, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy

guts.jpg

Guts Holla
(Played by Scubacarrot)
Encouraged

Level 11 Rogue

Power:

Health:
17/17

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Lifestealer (WP:8,Ice, attacks restore 3 health), Bedroll, Shovel, Potionx2, Meadx5

alf.jpg

Johon (Alf Gregory)

Level 13.5 Barbarian

Power:
21 (13+8)

Health:
3/21 (20+1)

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Armour-Helmet I+1 max healthI-IequippedI Weapons-greatsword IWP.3I-IunequippedI---Sword of Decay IWP. 7I I once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns. the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes. Suitable to Mages Knights and Barbarians I---Meteor Blade IWP.8I-ILight elementalI-IequippedI-Healing Staff IWP.5I-Healing effect. -lended- usable by mages and clerics.---Focal Staff IWP.I 5 Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages. IunequippedI Tools-shovel---pick-axe---Magnifying Glass---magic compass POTIONS---potion I2I-Venom I1I-Ice Bomb I1I-Phoenix Essence I1I-Mead I1I ELEMENTS-Aquamarine, Scroll of Sleep I1I---Scroll of Blindness I1I---Scroll of Sealing I1I---Scroll of Confusion I1I

elgar.jpg

Elgar Gligin

Level 10 Ranger

Power:

Health:
11/14

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Mockhril crossbow (WP:9 Lightning Elemental), Faxthril Longbow WP:5, Smoke bomb, Bedroll, emerald, Orc Venom, Potion (2), Venom, Spade

QM Note: The Giant Spider's egg sac is empty and cannot hatch any more spiderlings for the duration of the battle.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

OoC: Check my results (damage to spider, damage to hero, gold obtained) for accuracy. Guts' was tricky with x3 for mug, + level, *2 for ice attack, divided by 2 for back row and *2 for encouraged.

"Knfik! Keep that shield up, I'm going in dangerous!."

Guts grinned, he was in his element, this time, he charged at the Giant Spider from the front row!

Shield in a defensive stance, Knifk ran straight up to the spider and attempted to sink Tfel into its abdomen from the front row. "Same battle order!" he calls out to the party.

"Now is our chance to end this quickly. I'll repeat my attack."

Results of Round Two of the Giant Spider Battle:

Knifk vs. Giant Spider - Critical Hit

Guts vs. Giant Spider - Critical Hit

Hybros vs. Giant Spider - Hit

Johon vs. Giant Spider - Critical Hit

>Elgar vs. Giant Spider - Damage

The battle against the giant spider continues. Knifk lead his team's attack with a critical strike against the Giant Spider dealing 29 damage. Guts followed immediately behind and stabbed into the same wound, slicing and freezing it, for another critical strike dealing 108 damage. Hybros moved silently to the side of the Giant spider to deal it 24 damage. Johon decided to strike the same location as Hybros to deal a critical strike for 34 damage and inflict the spider with decay. In the spider's pain enraged tantrum, it lashed out at Elgar but Knifk's shield blocked the limb. The Spiderlings flung themselves at Knifk, Guts and Hybros but Knifk's shield was ready.

The Singerson wiggled his head a little more free before saying "Amazing! Great blow against that spidery beast. I shall aid you in this battle with a hearty song!

The heroes have battled the spidery beast!

And soon we will all rejoice in a feast!" The bard's song was cut short by a fit of coughing when some of the spider's web got into his mouth. But, his song was effective and all members of the party were healed for 1 hp. "Sorry my song wasn't as great, it will be better once I can use my guitar."

Enemies:

100x100spider.jpg

Giant Spider
Decayed

Health: 94/412

Special 1: Web Sling - Shoots a web at an enemy pulling them into the front row if standing in the back or pushing them into the back row if standing in the front. Binds target for one round.

Special 2: Poison Bite - Bites the enemy and poisons them for 3 rounds (1 dmg per round).

Spiderling 1

Spiderling 2

Spiderling 3

Party:

knifk.jpg

Knifk
(Played by Bioniclover)
*Party Leader*

Level 11.5 Knight

Power:

Health:
18/20

Shield Power:

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:

hybros.jpg

Hybros
(Played by JimButcher)

Level 14.5 Rogue

Power:

Health:
20/22

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:

guts.jpg

Guts Holla
(Played by Scubacarrot)
Encouraged

Level 11 Rogue

Power:

Health:
17/17

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:

alf.jpg

Johon (Alf Gregory)

Level 13.5 Barbarian

Power:
21 (13+8)

Health:
4/21 (20+1)

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:

elgar.jpg

Elgar Gligin

Level 10 Ranger

Power:

Health:
12/14

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:

QM Note: The Giant Spider's egg sac is empty and cannot hatch any more spiderlings for the duration of the battle.

Edited by Xarrzan

Knifk plunged his blade deep into the spiders abdomen and pulled it back out, creating a huge gash that spurted fluid onto him as Guts moved in to follow up. "Keep at him in the same battle order!" Knifk calls and then attacks the giant spider from the front row again.

If the party didn't have a cleric, maybe the singing worker could be effective... Hybros gave a nod to Knifk, and attacked the giant spider again from the front row. The orc was doing well.

I attack Spiderling 1 from the front row with my sword of Deacy.

OoC: I should have dealt 34 damage: 3*7=21 21+13=34

OoC: Damage corrected.

The bard spit out some more spider webs then said "Keep at him heroes! Show this creature this team has no zeroes!"

"May the Gods take you, beast, for we have had enough of you.."

Guts once again charged in from the front row.

Results of Round Three of the Giant Spider Battle:

Knifk vs. Giant Spider - Shield

Guts vs. Giant Spider - Miss

Hybros vs. Giant Spider - Critical Hit

Johon vs. Spiderling1 - Shield

>Elgar vs. Spiderling2 - Shield

The battle against the giant spider continues. Knifk plays this round strategically, planning for the next round of battle and taking the Sentinel position. Guts came in too quickly against the Giant Spider and slipped on the fluids to Miss his attack. Hybros used the length of his scythe to stay out of the spider's reach yet still deal a critical strike for 34 damage. Johon went into a battle frenzy and in his rage smashed all three spiderlings (20 damage) and broke off one of the Giant Spider's legs for 20 damage. Elgar decided to finish the battle this round and shot three arrows into the Giant Spider's abdomen for 19 damage each. The Giant Spider and the spiderlings turned to dust from the effect of the decay.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

Knifk, Hybros and Johon each gain a level of exerpeience while the others gain a half level. The enemies drop two Venom.

Party:

knifk.jpg

Knifk
(Played by Bioniclover)
*Party Leader*

Level 12 Knight

Power:

Health:
19/21

Shield Power:

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:

hybros.jpg

Hybros
(Played by JimButcher)

Level 15 Rogue

Power:
25 (20 for throwing weapons, except 22 for Ancient Throwing Dagger)

Health:
21/23

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:

guts.jpg

Guts Holla
(Played by Scubacarrot)

Level 11.5 Rogue

Power:

Health:
17/17

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:

alf.jpg

Johon (Alf Gregory)

Level 14 Barbarian

Power:
22 (14+8)

Health:
19/22 (21+1)

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:

elgar.jpg

Elgar Gligin

Level 10.5 Ranger

Power:

Health:
13/15

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:

Party Leader, how will the spoils of the battle be divided?

100x100venom.jpg2 x Venom - Use on a weapon to make it cause a poisoned-effect on any enemy it hits for the duration of one battle. A poisoned enemy loses 1 health each turn.

bard-freed.jpg

Guts walked over to the bard and finished cutting him loose. Homer Singerson was quite, surprisingly, while he cleaned cobwebs out of his guitar. He patiently waited while the venom was distributed.

OoC: Please check your stat increases for accuracy.

Edited by Xarrzan