Very nice work. Some very nice idea's, is there a video of it working yet, does the shoulders work? Is it me or does it has 2 different hands?

I now have enough studdless to actually start building a large robot!

Very nice work. Some very nice idea's, is there a video of it working yet, does the shoulders work? Is it me or does it has 2 different hands?

I now have enough studdless to actually start building a large robot!

Heh :-)

I don't have any video yet, I'm rebuilding turntable and some of corpse again on Friday few hours before opening exhibition :-)

And he is still WIP, only moving, rotating and pulling up/down is working fully yet.

Turntable yet is stable :-) but when i'm move up arms, the centre of gravity is changing again. I must rebuild demultiplekser (change technic bricks with liftarms) to decrease weight of upper body.

Idea od demultiplekser

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5527277

Yes, hands are different, shoulders too. :-)

Left shoulder is a new version (fixed with frames).

Right hand is simple

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5527384

Left hand is more interesting :-)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5527354

I can:

- rotating wrist

- open/close fingers

and bending wrist vertical :-) But this is not connected yet to motors :-)

I have an idea about bending horizontal too :-)

Head is rotating: when I'm moving left arm, head is looking on this, and when I'm moving right arm then he is rotating to looking on right :-)

--

Łączę różne wyrazy i pozdrawiam

Grzegorz "Goldsun" Ludwiczek

Edited by goldsun

Thanks for posting the info

It is really nice to see another giant robot builder. Maybe in the future we can exchange some idea's. I plan to make a studless version of George after my T1 robot.

Wow that robot is huge! But since it is built in studless isn't it a little flimsy? I would think in the case of large robots building studfull would be much stronger.

tim

Wow that robot is huge! But since it is built in studless isn't it a little flimsy? I would think in the case of large robots building studfull would be much stronger.

tim

Yes, using only liftarms is flimsy. I'm using technic bricks in turntable, chest with demultiplexer, and maybe later in root of body.

Thanks for posting the info

It is really nice to see another giant robot builder. Maybe in the future we can exchange some idea's. I plan to make a studless version of George after my T1 robot.

I'm open for exchanging ideas :-)

I have some next ideas for these robot for I think, next 3 years building :-)

--

Łączę różne wyrazy i pozdrawiam

Grzegorz "Goldsun" Ludwiczek

Edited by goldsun

I have zoo many robots planned but running out of space in the house

I already have George, Wheeler, Rota (needs rebuilding), Theo Walker, NXT Arm and a half finish giant Pneumatic walker + T1 lol

Motorized robots! This is the topic I'm also interested in. I just recently started with my LEGO Technic hobby and started to build my first MOC robot.

Very nice large robot by goldsun!