Sign in to follow this  
Helfy

Infantry minifigs?

I've been trying to build up a Napoleonic era army and have been having some trouble finding adequate torsos for the uniforms. Without using custom decals, does anyone have any advice about what torsos to use that look like their from the Napoleonic period? I've got around 25 Imperial soldiers.

Also, post pics of your armies.

post-23818-132846738825.jpg

I think the Army Index may prove very useful to you.

Additionally you may want to point out which Napoleonic Army you're trying to build. :wink: I assume a British one based on the picture and popularity but clarify for us, if you would please. :pir-classic:

I think the Army Index may prove very useful to you.

Additionally you may want to point out which Napoleonic Army you're trying to build. :wink: I assume a British one based on the picture and popularity but clarify for us, if you would please. :pir-classic:

A Napoleon-esque British army. I am a stickler for realism and it would annoy me to hell and back to try and create a British army. I need a better torso for my Rifleman.

For the riflemen, I'd suggest the Lord Garmadon torso from Ninjago, without anything covering it it looks quite like a rifleman's jacket, although it's black and not the dark green that would be preferable.

Umm... here we go Lord Garmadon scroll down for the better pics of the torso.

For the riflemen, I'd suggest the Lord Garmadon torso from Ninjago, without anything covering it it looks quite like a rifleman's jacket, although it's black and not the dark green that would be preferable.

Umm... here we go Lord Garmadon scroll down for the better pics of the torso.

I thought about using the Garmadon torsos for Brunswicker-styled troops and hussars.

Fair enough :pirate:

When I saw the torso for Garmadon the first thought I had was 'Rifleman', and then when my mum saw it she thought the same (both fans of 'Sharpe' :pir_laugh2: )

Great find, Would have never thought to look in Ninjago to build a Napoleonic army. However, I don't know about the purple sashes, unless I am thinking of a different type of rifleman.

That is one of the drawbacks with that torso, although in "Sharpe" Sharpe himself had a red sash IIRC.

Yes, he did because he was an officer.

I've got these tiny plastic red bands that I put on some of my sergeants. They work pretty well. I also use the Rebel Scout torso for some militia/landwehr units.